Author Topic: Texas Rep Wants to Allow Some People to Carry Concealed Guns in D.C. Just Some.  (Read 1769 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
By Julian Kimble | Oct 13, 2011

Earlier this year, Republican Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert drafted a bill that would exclude 535 people from D.C.’s bar on concealed guns. Why? So legislators can blast would be criminals and constituents, if need be. That idea didn’t go over to well, but it sure as hell didn’t deter Gohmert.

Today, the House Judiciary Committee will consider legislation that would permit residents of states with concealed carry laws to carry concealed guns in other states with similar laws. Furthermore, this would create an exception in D.C., as it would grant someone from another state permission to carry their weapon in the city, even though it’s against local gun regulations.

http://www.complex.com/city-guide/2011/10/texas-rep-wants-to-allow-some-people-to-carry-concealed-guns-in-dc-just-some
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

tombogan03884

I've got abetter idea, everyone else gets to carry guns in DC, the 535 get to carry targets.  ;D

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Today, the House Judiciary Committee will consider legislation that would permit residents of states with concealed carry laws to carry concealed guns in other states with similar laws. Furthermore, this would create an exception in D.C., as it would grant someone from another state permission to carry their weapon in the city, even though it’s against local gun regulations.

So since I have one for VA and FL I could carry in DC?  Good, I need to, that place is a dump.  (not that it would ever happen)
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
So since I have one for VA and FL I could carry in DC?  Good, I need to, that place is a dump.  (not that it would ever happen)

NOPE, it was defeated.

House committee rejects move to allow concealed weapons in the District

The House Judiciary Committee easily beat back a move Thursday to allow people with concealed-weapon permits from other states to carry guns in the District.

The panel is considering a bill that would let people with concealed-carry permits to use them in other states that allow such permits to be issued. The measure would not allow such permits to be used in states — such as Illinois — that do not give out concealed-weapons permits.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-wire/post/house-committee-rejects-move-to-allow-concealed-weapons-in-the-district/2011/10/13/gIQA80C1hL_blog.html
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

tombogan03884

Even if it had passed they would probably stipulate that you had to be a resident of the state that issued the license.
With out actually looking I can't name specific states, but I know there are some that do not offer reciprocity to non resident permits.

Sponsor

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
South Carolina and Pennsylvania I believe, at least over here.

It never stood a chance anyway.

MD keeps getting worse.  Supposedly now a non-resident cannot buy any firearms here.  Used to be rifles and shotguns were OK if you lived in a nieghboring state.  Not the case now according to a local shop.  Of course that shop has a habit of not being 100% accurate when discussing the local laws.  Firearms are not thier primary business, even though some of the staff act as if they know it all.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk