Author Topic: Are we going to write someone in?  (Read 8182 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Are we going to write someone in?
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 08:51:50 PM »
Yeah, we can hold our nose vote for him and show the RNC that we will vote for whomever they stick in our face!  That will show them that we aren't easy! ::)
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Ron J

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 09:38:03 PM »
The reality for this election is that a vote for anyone else but John McCain will help either Obama or Clinton.  If Bro'O or Ms. Clinton win, we will be a page or two off from living in a John Ross novel. 

I just hope to hell he picks a good VP to run with him.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 09:53:28 PM »
The reality is i am sick of voting for the lesser.  As I stated before a vote for McCain is a vote against American Sovereignty.

I will stand for my rights against all comers so I will vote (or not) as my moral compass points.  Will you?
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008, 01:05:50 AM »
The reality is i am sick of voting for the lesser.  As I stated before a vote for McCain is a vote against American Sovereignty.

I will stand for my rights against all comers so I will vote (or not) as my moral compass points.  Will you?

I don't know  >:(   I hate The Manchurian candidateas much as the other 2 but I would vote for a dog turd to keep democrats from soiling the WhiteHouse and my intelligence again. McCain only has 2 things going for him, He's old enough to die in office, (of natural causes I mean ) and his VP will at least be a Republican.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2008, 07:33:53 AM »

I don't know  >:(   I hate The Manchurian candidateas much as the other 2 but I would vote for a dog turd to keep democrats from soiling the WhiteHouse and my intelligence again. McCain only has 2 things going for him, He's old enough to die in office, (of natural causes I mean ) and his VP will at least be a Republican.

That's pretty much the point I had reached, so now in addition to Congress, we need to ensure a friend of ours as VP.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:51:14 PM »

Ron J

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 09:35:43 AM »
Voting is not just about casting your vote for the best qualified.  It is also about taking what choices you have and voting against what or who is the least qualified. 

Voting is not about taking the moral high road.  It can also be about keeping the lesser of two evils away from a position that would make your values, standards and/or “moral compass” without bearing come the third week of January.     

Voting can be like having to choose between having a .380ACP or nothing.  You know you would rather have a 45ACP but all you got is the .380ACP and it’s better than the alternative.    

Obama or Clinton (or Lord help us both) will be running against McCain.   While one may not like McCain, not voting for McCain … such as “writing in” someone, voting “Green” or voting “Libertarian” … will only help to get either Obama or Clinton elected in November. 

Given what we know about Obama and Clinton (economic and security issues aside) is that they are both anti-gun.  With a liberal House and Senate, our gun rights are going to be stepped on should Obama or Clinton get elected.  Ammo registration, “smart guns”, magazine bans, range bans, “assault rifle” bans and micro-stamping all on a federal level (which is why people in “The Republik of Kalifornia” and elsewhere need to fight these issues now so they don’t gain momentum and roll into other states or become national later). 

You decide.  Take the moral road against McCain as admirable as it is will only help Obama or Clinton.  This is a real tough call but if you don’t want your gun rights to be stepped on you might have to alter your compass setting. 

Lastly, while I will disagree with the premise of not voting for McCain as to support one’s moral convictions, I sincerely respect anyone for doing it. 

Lucas

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2008, 01:02:49 PM »
My stance is that Obama will win!  I have no doubt in my mind,  and if I'm wrong I will be more than happy to take all you can dish out!  My question fom this point is how to vote that would show the upmost dissaproval of all candidates?
By the ring of our swords, and the flash of our cannons, they will know that We Are Free

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2008, 01:18:25 PM »
My question fom this point is how to vote that would show the upmost dissaproval of all candidates?

Voting can be like having to choose between having a .380ACP or nothing.  You know you would rather have a 45ACP but all you got is the .380ACP and it’s better than the alternative.    

You MUST vote for the lesser of the three evils. There may not be an ideal candidate on the ballet, but you must put the most conservative candidate into office that you can and then try to hold his feet to the fire once he is elected. Anything less is surrender. Yes, McCain may not get the country moving in the right direction, but having him in office as apposed to Hillary or Obama will at the very least stem the tide of far left lunacy for four more years.   
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Ron J

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 02:40:24 PM »
My stance is that Obama will win!  I have no doubt in my mind,  and if I'm wrong I will be more than happy to take all you can dish out!  My question fom this point is how to vote that would show the upmost dissaproval of all candidates?

With the Hildabeest or BHusseinO you wouldn't have to worry about holding your nose...they will rub our collective gunowner faces in the dirt so hard, smelling will be a distant memory. 
McLame is our only hope to survive the next term of POTUS with anything that resembles a firearm.

Man, I would like to express my displeasure with just about everybody in public office too!  But the vote and/or lack of vote in this case is not the tool to use.

If people decide to not vote because they want to voice their opposition to the madness, we will get a candidate elected that we won’t like.  If we were to vote for “none of the above” as Jesse Ventura has stated he would like to do, it too will elect a candidate we won’t like.  Your valiant effort to “protest the choices” and be heard will be like the tree falling in the forest with no one there to hear it. 

The vote is not the tool to use to express displeasure in a candidate or their platform.  Instead, be vocal.  Write letters.  Get to political events and let your candidate know how you feel.  Get others to join you and let your voice be heard. 

The 2008 vote will be a critical vote for our country’s security, freedoms (as in the 2nd Amendment) and getting or not getting ass-hammered on taxes.  There is too much to lose by throwing your vote to “none of the above” or to someone of lesser ego that is running. 

As to the 2nd Amendment rights, like what Kmitch stated, smelling this freedom will be a distant memory if either Obama or Clinton win.  They are both anti-gun and if either are elected will sincerely abbreviate your right to keep and bear arms. 

Would love to have a better option than McCain.  But there isn’t. 

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 05:30:13 PM »
 I won't respect myself in the morning but I'll probably vote for the SOB just to keep out Karl Obama Marx and Attla the liberal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk