Author Topic: Another Potential 2016 Candidate  (Read 12796 times)

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Another Potential 2016 Candidate
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 09:48:41 AM »
Are you still that gullible ?
None of that stuff helped Romney.

Gullible about what, Tom? I think I said he didn't have a snowball's chance in hell. Besides, he's just getting started. He's got a lot of time to F**k up.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

tombogan03884

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 01:49:12 PM »
Gullible enough to think that no political experience and limited funds leaves any conservative any sort of hope .
The fact that he is any sort of pastor guarantees his defeat with out even cranking up the rest of the Dem machine.

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 09:59:27 PM »
Gullible enough to think that no political experience and limited funds leaves any conservative any sort of hope .
The fact that he is any sort of pastor guarantees his defeat with out even cranking up the rest of the Dem machine.
It doesn't hurt his stock in my book..
It's that whole "Of, By, For the People" thing that messes everybody up.. I guess we expect/demand that our elected officials all be Twits of the Potomac, and will accept no less (more)..
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

tombogan03884

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 03:05:50 PM »
It doesn't hurt his stock in my book..
It's that whole "Of, By, For the People" thing that messes everybody up.. I guess we expect/demand that our elected officials all be Twits of the Potomac, and will accept no less (more)..

You don't matter, what I have tried to tell you over and over is that you represent a minority who hurts more than helps candidates by your focus on religion that the majority of voters either out right oppose, or at best don't give a sh!t about.
Don't take my word for it, ask Mike Huckabee.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 03:27:06 PM »
Hell, ask me. I'm a Christian, and you'll find me at mass at least twice a week. Thing is, I believe in the seperation of church and state. Its my priest's job to persuade me of something on Sunday, not legislate it on Monday. I would be hard put to elect a man of the cloth. Its not their job. And I don't care if I agree with them 100%. Its just a line I'm not comfortable crossing. Theology and politics are always a bad mix. History (heck the evening news) has a thousand examples.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 09:56:16 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 06:58:01 PM »
Religion is about what people wish were possible.
Politics is about what is practical .
To many people confuse the 2.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 12:23:33 AM »
Any "man of god."   has zero chance of getting elected.   they could very well be the best choice, but that won't matter.  You will have at best a strongly divided party.   you can also forget about a large chunk of the swing vote.   in case you have not noticed. The swing is what wins elections, not the base.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2013, 10:35:26 AM »
Not for or against the guy...... just more info about his point of view:

Dr. Ben Carson Dismantles Touré's Race-Baiting Smear Campaign

On the last episode of ‘When Democrats Attack Black Republicans,’ MSNBC’s ankle-biting spokesman for all black people Touré was explaining how pediatric neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson was a tool of the GOP.

What do you know? It looks like Dr. Carson has his own outlet to get his opinion heard and doesn’t need Touré’s smear machine at MSNBC.

Dr. Ben Carson appeared on Fox News and rebutted Touré’s pathetic charges that he was an ‘Uncle Tom’ and a token who conservatives only act like they support so they can pretend not to be ‘racist.’

Right… I think it’s time Touré go back to dissecting the deeper meaning in hip-hop and grow out of his third grade playground antics.

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/03/43647-dr-ben-carson-dismantles-toures-race-baiting-smear-campaign/?fb_action_ids=10151384173265662&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%2210151384173265662%22%3A483244098403469%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210151384173265662%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

DGF

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013, 11:27:47 AM »
I like Dr. Carson but I will wait and see. I remember liking Ross Perot after reading his book "On the Flights of Angels". Then when he was running I saw the antennae pop out of his head and I realized he was a space alien.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 11:41:25 AM »
I like Dr. Carson but I will wait and see. I remember liking Ross Perot after reading his book "On the Flights of Angels". Then when he was running I saw the antennae pop out of his head and I realized he was a space alien.

;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk