Author Topic: J.D. Pendry  (Read 9062 times)

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: J.D. Pendry
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 05:13:50 PM »
I like the article, the Marine part is of no consequence. Of course I'm a Former Cavalry trooper.  ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 08:22:52 PM »
I'd say that post sums up a larger portion of the United States, than any politician or someone actually excited about this upcoming election, will ever understand.

Now more than ever may God Bless America, and our troops in harms way!

The duty they perform, is even at the ungrateful nature of others.

Who was it that said if we fall, there will be no "America" to pull us out?

Thanks Marshal'ette.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

CybScryb

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 10:48:18 PM »
J D Pendry is in fact real.  Snopes did nothing wrong...my fat fingers and aging eyes didn't catch that my copy and paste request didn't execute and I was in fact posting a result from a previous email alleging some quotes from Jay Leno.  But the fact is that Snopes does tend toward the liberal and I've caught them a few times, especially on gun rights issues, providing erroneous information.

So I've be the designated target holder for the next Airsoft shoot-off and will see if I can make the font size on my browser one size larger.

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 02:12:28 AM »
Tom,

Appreciate your comments. But in my book a retired Command Sgt Major has earned the right to judge who is a good soldier or marine. That my friend is his job. He in fact does have the authority and responsibility to make that kind of call whether he is a marine NCO or not. Check it out in UCMJ.

But if you marines want to claim Murtha be my guest. That said, I do absolutely support the mantra of "once a marine, always a marine." That goes for soldiers, airmen and sailors as well. We are all on the same side.

You have NO IDEA how much it P!$$es me off to have to defend that slanderous turd murtha ! But once a Marine has completed boot camp, Parris Island OR San Diego, NO ONE has the right to tell him he is no Marine, It does not matter if it is an Army General or a Marine General. If the President told someone "You are no Marine" the Pres would be told to go F himself, And that Marines Superiors would back him up. If you don't believe me ask at www.grunt.com It is however perfectly acceptable to say "He's a disgrace to the Corps","He takes Arab bribes" "He's a sniveling rat"" He's a Party hack who would kiss every butt in the state to get re elected", "He's a liar", It's even acceptable , (and true) to say he is being sued by the Marines wrongly accused in Haditha.
 But regardless of what a shit bird he has become we have to accept him just like Lee Harvey Oswald and Charles Whitman. Once a Marine always a Marine, wether the rest of the Marines like it or not   >:(
 Ron, I hope the shock was not to much for your system  ;D

PS. Be advised that this IS NOT a rant, It is simply an educational comment about "Traditions of The Corps" a reminder that like Judas, no matter what depths he has sunk to now , once LONG ago, he was worthy.

Ron J

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 09:08:24 AM »
Ron, I hope the shock was not to much for your system 

No! But since I am running for President in 2012 I need to take both sides.   ;) 

Agreed that once one is a Marine one is always a Marine.  Always Faithful.  Unless one gets the bad paper, it does not change. 

On the flip side, I would suggest that when Pendry and others say what they say about Murtha, they are speaking figuratively. To this, I would assume that people like Pendry likely know the axiom of “once a Marine, always a Marine” and are using it as a literary tool to degrade Murtha. 

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:46:09 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 11:28:56 AM »
Ron, I hope the shock was not to much for your system 

No! But since I am running for President in 2012 I need to take both sides.   ;) 

Agreed that once one is a Marine one is always a Marine.  Always Faithful.  Unless one gets the bad paper, it does not change. 

On the flip side, I would suggest that when Pendry and others say what they say about Murtha, they are speaking figuratively. To this, I would assume that people like Pendry likely know the axiom of “once a Marine, always a Marine” and are using it as a literary tool to degrade Murtha. 

If us "NoLOAD Marines don't keep up the tradiditions they will die out. even though I found fault on that TECHNICAL point, I agree with him 100 %

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk