Author Topic: open carry  (Read 11283 times)

tombogan03884

Re: open carry
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 06:21:59 PM »
In NH open carry is what you do if you are to cheap to spend $10 for a 4year CC permit. Any one who can legally possess a firearm may open carry a loaded pistol. CCW's are so easy to get that while we SHOULD to emphasize our civil rights, nobody bothers.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 05:41:41 AM »
NC has an "open carry statute", however its a catch 22 due to another statute, "brandishing to the terror of the public", somehow an anti gun member of our state got this one on the books and makes the venerable "gray area".

So, CCW is much easier and my choice, unless I'm out camping, hiking, etc,...

In the Uwharrie National Forest, where I usually go, the General Store in Eldorado, not even a 1 horse town, most of the locals, openly carry, or have the 12 gauge on the rack in the pick-up. Very polite town, and the crime rate is zero percent.

Welcome to a great forum 338winmag.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

DesertMarine

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 06:57:06 AM »
New Mexico has open carry and CCW.  No permits needed to purchase, own firearms or ammo.  It is rare to see someone with sidearm and it does not cause any problems.  Maybe in Albuquerque or Santa Fe with the large influx of people from the west and east coast, might have problems with open carry. 
DesertMarine

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 08:31:43 AM »
In NH open carry is what you do if you are to cheap to spend $10 for a 4year CC permit. Any one who can legally possess a firearm may open carry a loaded pistol. CCW's are so easy to get that while we SHOULD to emphasize our civil rights, nobody bothers.

$10! That is amazing. In my neck of the woods it costs $50 for the permit + $50-$75 for the training class...... and that is only because we have a grass roots organization that has pressured it down from $100.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Gr8Heath

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 09:27:46 PM »
I am 100% for concealed carry - PERIOD!

I am 100% for open carry provided the person carrying uses good judgement.  We must live with the society norms we are dealt today, and discretion must be used to respect the feelings of others.

Right on. I agree. Good Judgement is key. Unfortunately, not everyone has the same idea as to what Good Judgement is.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 08:02:07 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 09:34:00 PM »
Right on. I agree. Good Judgement is key. Unfortunately, not everyone has the same idea as to what Good Judgement is.

You're right there...Poor judgement by those who don't deserve the power they so carelessly wield is why this country is up crap-creek now.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 09:45:01 PM »
In the woods/ wilds   I am all for open carry.   Other wise, I don't like it... far to many people out there are OCing strickly becuase they know it will bother others, they want that confrontation.

Yeah, yeah I know, you would never do it, but far to many people out there do.( hell goto places like THR, very common.)

I also beleave it can make you a target.  the last thing I want on my back is a target.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 09:50:54 PM »
In the woods/ wilds   I am all for open carry.   Other wise, I don't like it... far to many people out there are OCing strickly becuase they know it will bother others, they want that confrontation.

Yeah, yeah I know, you would never do it, but far to many people out there do.( hell goto places like THR, very common.)

I also beleave it can make you a target.  the last thing I want on my back is a target.

+100% on that one.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Frosty

• Top Forum Member
  • Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 06:41:09 AM »
I agree that CCW is the best way - it keeps folks guessing and the chances of me becoming a target are lessened. CO. has both open carry and CCW but some Mayors ie: Denver mayor chickenpooper (Dem) make it questionable to even CCW in certain areas of den. with catch 22 laws - I prefer CCW!
“As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and a complete narcissistic moron.”  H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun,  July 26, 1920.

DesertMarine

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 08:05:14 AM »
Albuquerque and Santa Fe are starting to exhibit some of the same attitudes as Denver.   
DesertMarine

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk