Author Topic: H.R. 45 Blair/ Holt The attack is on!  (Read 8944 times)

tombogan03884

Re: H.R. 45 Blair/ Holt The attack is on!
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2009, 12:08:48 PM »
Tom, way to go. If she sends back another reply, PLEASE post..

"SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" >:(   Do they just forget that part >:(

Got this today;

February 6, 2009

Dear Mr. Bogan:

Thank you for writing my office and sharing your thoughts with me regarding the Second Amendment.

As you know, the Supreme Court recently affirmed that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to bear arms rather than a collective right. As such, any restriction on individual gun rights is subjected to strict scrutiny. I support the Second Amendment and support an individual right to bear arms. I also support necessary and limited restrictions on this right, consistent with the Supreme Court's interpretation of the Second Amendment, where necessary to protect public safety. I will keep your thoughts in mind as Congress debates this important issue.

To learn more about current legislation or about my voting record, I invite you to visit the Library of Congress legislative information website (www.thomas.gov). There, you can find the full text of a bill or a summary, who introduced it and when, who is cosponsoring it, and where it is in the legislative process. I also invite you to visit my website (http://shea-porter.house.gov) for more information about bills that I have introduced or cosponsored, and for issue updates, position statements, or to sign up for my email newsletter.

Thank you again for contacting my office. It is a privilege to serve you in Washington.

Sincerely,

Carol Shea-Porter

Member of Congress

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2009, 02:08:33 PM »
Another Look at HR 45: …This nefarious bill seeks to strip us all of our Constitutional Rights to possess and bear firearms of any distinction. It requires, within the first two years, that all new guns be registered. The bill goes retroactive after two years. Meaning that two years after the passage of the bill, ALL FIREARMS in a citizen’s possession must be registered, not just those purchased after the bill passes, and this apparently applies to antique firearms as well. Every five years the firearm owner must go through a complete renewal process for each weapon owned. Failure to comply carries stiff penalties including confiscation of the firearms and jail time (penalties as high as ten years imprisonment in some cases). The bill also authorizes government searches without warrant, the creation of a federal bureaucracy to monitor firearm possession, etc…

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/02/more_gun_control_introduced_in.html
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2009, 02:22:13 PM »
Another Look at HR 45: …This nefarious bill seeks to strip us all of our Constitutional Rights to possess and bear firearms of any distinction. It requires, within the first two years, that all new guns be registered. The bill goes retroactive after two years. Meaning that two years after the passage of the bill, ALL FIREARMS in a citizen’s possession must be registered, not just those purchased after the bill passes, and this apparently applies to antique firearms as well. Every five years the firearm owner must go through a complete renewal process for each weapon owned. Failure to comply carries stiff penalties including confiscation of the firearms and jail time (penalties as high as ten years imprisonment in some cases). The bill also authorizes government searches without warrant, the creation of a federal bureaucracy to monitor firearm possession, etc…

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/02/more_gun_control_introduced_in.html

There is the scary part.... the rest is just hoops for jumping through
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

THE CORONER

• SHOOT STRAIGHT, SHOOT OFTEN, AND PROTECT YOUR RIGHT TO SHARE YOUR SPORT WITH THE FUTURE GENERATIONS.
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • DARKWATER FIREARMS AT WILLOW POINT
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2009, 10:56:48 PM »
FROM OHIOANS FOR CONCEALED CARRY WEBSITE....

This all started because a 16 year old from Chicago, was shot and killed.  Mother scorned, her son a martryed hero...

Have you got this in your scope?

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House.
This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.

We just learned yesterday about this on the Peter Boyles radio program.

Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under the radar.

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales
Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

•It is registered

•You are fingerprinted

•You supply a current Driver's License

•You supply your Social Security #

•You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing

•Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

•There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.

They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is
punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and
more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family - pass this along.

Peter Boyles is on this and having guests. Listen to him on KHOW 630 a.m. in the morning. He suggests the best way to fight this is to tell all your friends about it and "spring into action". Also he suggests we all join a pro-gun group like the Colorado Rifle
Association, hunting associations, gun clubs and especially the NRA.

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

Marshal'ette, your pretty up to date on things....Can you dissect this one for us?  Thanks
CORONER - SAVAGE 350 SECURITY 12 GA. SHOTGUN
TOETAGGER - WINCHESTER MODEL 94, .30-30
VINDICATOR - RUGER LCP .380 ACP
WIDOWMAKER - RUGER SINGLE SUPER SIX 3-SCREW .22
PLINKALOTER - HERITAGE ROUGH RIDER .22 COMBO 6.5" BRL
BUCKEYE FIREARMS MEMBER
NRA MEMBER

"Governments don't live together, people live together.  With governments you don't always get a fair word or a fair fight.  Well, I've come to give you either one.  Or get either one from you."  Josie Wales

tombogan03884

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2009, 11:02:14 PM »
This has been going around for a month now, There is another thread about it and several people have e mailed it to me, ( not from the Ohio site) But yes it is real.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 11:09:27 AM »

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28

THE CORONER

• SHOOT STRAIGHT, SHOOT OFTEN, AND PROTECT YOUR RIGHT TO SHARE YOUR SPORT WITH THE FUTURE GENERATIONS.
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2009, 11:07:17 PM »
This has been going around for a month now, There is another thread about it and several people have e mailed it to me, ( not from the Ohio site) But yes it is real.

Ok, this is the first I've seen of it.  I even went to a couple of gun shows, and never heard anything about it?  The NRA's on top of this I hope?  This is not good.  I've seen this before....Mothers Against Drunk Drivers ring a bell?  Thanks for the info. Tom
BUCKEYE FIREARMS MEMBER
NRA MEMBER

"Governments don't live together, people live together.  With governments you don't always get a fair word or a fair fight.  Well, I've come to give you either one.  Or get either one from you."  Josie Wales

THE CORONER

• Liked:
BUCKEYE FIREARMS MEMBER
NRA MEMBER

tombogan03884

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2009, 11:10:58 PM »
Thanx Marshal, I was posting and Chatting at the same time  ;D

THE CORONER

• Liked:
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2009, 11:27:29 PM »
Thanx Marshal, I was posting and Chatting at the same time  ;D
Sorta like chewing the fat and spitting at the same time Tom?  Lol!!!
BUCKEYE FIREARMS MEMBER
NRA MEMBER

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk