Author Topic: Ted Nugent might run for NRA president  (Read 12491 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ted Nugent might run for NRA president
« on: January 30, 2009, 10:01:27 PM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2009/01/30/report-ted-nugent-might-run-for-nra-president/

But Nugent tells Whispers he stands ready to battle the antigunners in Washington. “Clearly, the NRA is the ultimate ‘we the people,’ family, grass-roots organization for what is clearly Job 1 for free men everywhere: to guarantee our God-given right to keep and bear arms and defend ourselves,” he tells our Suzi Parker. “To be so honored to participate in any way, as an NRA board member or the ultimate honor of serving as president, would surely be a duty I would put my heart and soul into. I am genuinely moved that it is even being discussed. I am ready, willing, and able to serve if the good NRA members call upon me.”

Hell yeah!
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
Re: Ted Nugent might run for NRA president
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 10:12:13 PM »
Maybe if we get some of our own "star power" people might take more of a notice.
But then again, I've also been a fan of Hollywood types keeping their opinions to themselves(you are paid to pretend, I don't give a $hit what you think). Uncle Teds different though.

Go Nuge!
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 10:42:46 PM »
Tell it like it is Ted.... I think he would do a great job.

Some say, he's to brash and in your face.  ;D 

GO UNCLE TED!!!!

Wango Z Tango
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 10:54:21 PM »
Uncle Ted as President would eliminate the belief that NRA is to willing to compromise. Get them NUGE ;D

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 11:11:06 PM »
Cool, 1st he is a performer, not an actor, ( although Chuck Heston and Ronald Reagan were actors ), He is intense, and a no holds barred speaker and defender of the 2nd A, He should have written and performed Tom Petty's " I won't back down ", because that is the way he is, but he is articulate and makes a common sense argument for our cause, with No apology I think this is the true path. If it comes to a vote, you NRA members, and I hope you all are, cast your vote with confidence.

I have met Uncle Ted, 4 times, He is a gentleman, and has a skill of making you seem special, the 1st time I met him, was at the Martin Archery booth at SHOT, like 1994, Shemane was holding Rocko in diapers, behind the table, there was a line of 30 people, when my turn came, he looked at my badge, and said, " Dallas Pistol Club, what is that? A shooting range? " I replied yes, and then He went into a conversation with me, like we knew each other, although there were 20 people behind me, I was thinking of the people behind me, but he just chatted me up. I have never forgotten. I and He were conversing, like we were alone, that is his gift.

One of my friends, ( now deceased ) became a board member of the NRA, and his seat was next to Ted, and He related to me later, that, He did not completely agree with him, but you could not ignore him. He made good arguments. This was a bulls'eye shooter, at that time about 68 years old. ( God rest his sole ), who did not appreciate the tactical sports, until he watched our state championship, which I put on 3 times, and behind our backs described what we were doing to his buddies, and said, " they were hitting the targets too". He went on to do our CCW training for many years. He too was a true gentleman, James Nicholson, at one time the president of the Texas State Rifle Association.  A True contributor.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:55:24 AM »

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 11:14:28 PM »
Uncle Ted as President would eliminate the belief that NRA is to willing to compromise. Get them NUGE ;D

hehe that would be cool

also what is Chuck Norris's view on the 2nd Amendment
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 11:25:08 PM »
hehe that would be cool

also what is Chuck Norris's view on the 2nd Amendment

PRO !  ;D

Thanos

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 11:37:42 PM »
PRO !  ;D

DUH!

He supported Huckabee, you know he is conservative.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 05:47:30 AM »
Thats the last thing the NRA needs to do.

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 06:13:24 AM »
Thats the last thing the NRA needs to do.

Aw, Tab, just when I think you've mellowed out and gone soft, you come out with one of your patented silly statements.

What the NRA needs to do is be strong, to stand its ground and not only not give in an inch (as its history shows it is want to do), but to be a force to be reckoned with. Nugent's take no prisoner's attitude will alienate some people - mostly those who are already strong antis. His strong social appeal will help some of the fence sitters to look more seriously at what the 2A is about.

Now, more than ever, we need a broad based effort to defend our rights, not rolling over and worrying about how the other side will think of us.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk