Author Topic: Ted Nugent might run for NRA president  (Read 12492 times)

Timothy

Re: Ted Nugent might run for NRA president
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2009, 02:38:25 PM »
I think that this small piece of Teds resume may make some of the nay-sayers aware that this man LIVES his life for his passions and is more than qualified and articulate enough to perform the task at hand.  Also, he's been a deputy Sheriff in the state of Michigan since 1978, before concealed carry laws of almost any kind existed.

Shooting sports are my hobby and I carry because I can't outrun em anymore.  This mans entire life has been involved in hunting and shooting sports.

Life Member of:

The National Rifle Association (NRA), Michigan Bow Hunters, Citizen's Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Second Amendment Foundation, Gun Owners of America, Gun Owners of California, Director Law Enforcement, Alliance of America, New York City Benevolent Policeman's Association, National Wildlife Federation, Ducks Unlimited, Michigan United Conservation Clubs, Michigan Big Game Hunters Association, Handgun Hunters International, Michigan Sheriff's Association, National Trappers Association, U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, Wisconsin Bowhunters Association, Mississippi Bowhunters, Drug Abuse Resistance Education (DARE) Spokesman, Outdoor Writers Association of America, Coalition of Michigan Hunters, National Field Archers Association (NFAA), Director Canadian Outdoor Heritage Alliance (COHA), Putting People First, South Dakota Archery Association, Maryland Bowhunters Society, Arizona Bowhunter Society, United Bowhunters of Connecticut, Massachusetts Bowhunting Association, United Bowhunters of Pennsylvania, Ohio Society of Traditional Archers (OSTA), South Carolina Bowhunters, Director: Michigan Bowhunting Conference and Vice President: American Shooting Sports Council

1776 Rebel

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2009, 03:19:31 PM »
The last thing the NRA needs is a loud mouth like the Nuge. Sure he is entertaining. Like when you go to the circus you laugh at the clowns. If you read his stuff you will also realize he has got a criminal record which he had to address when when he started to get into Class III weapons. With a little legwork on the web you will see that he has a background that isn't what I would want any kids to be around.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 05:28:55 PM »
The last thing the NRA needs is a loud mouth like the Nuge. Sure he is entertaining. Like when you go to the circus you laugh at the clowns. If you read his stuff you will also realize he has got a criminal record which he had to address when when he started to get into Class III weapons. With a little legwork on the web you will see that he has a background that isn't what I would want any kids to be around.

Yet he qualifies for class 3, holds youth camps for bowhunting, has a top rated hunting show, is a family man, allows the secret service to use his property here in Texas for additional training, can carry anywhere in the United States.  So I guess the criminal record thing must not be a big deal???  But if it's on the WEB, it must be true!! ::)

As things are now, He gets more public speaking out for gun rights by virtue of his day job, rock and roll, by interviews, than any single member of the NRA, CCKBA. GOA etc..., and it is to a younger audience mostly, who are getting nothing like this in their class rooms, or the media they watch, or listen too, except for the Nuge. And most reporters cannot handle him, or his responses, most of our representatives in the gun culture are too polite, they come prepared and speak their piece, but get continuously interrupted, by the other side and allow it to happen and then anti's rule the debate, Ted does not let that happen, and makes fools of those who try that tactic with him.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009, 05:50:35 PM »
And at one point he was having sex with a 16 year old girl while being her legal gardian... if he did that now, it would be a crime, but it was not in the 70s.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2009, 06:03:31 PM »
Ted walks his talk. He is my blood brother and I unconditionally support him!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 02:13:14 PM »

1776 Rebel

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2009, 06:04:52 PM »
M25

His site, his words....a family man? You got to be kidding. I wouldn't let a young girl anywhere near him. Five kids, three mothers, gave up one kid up for adoption...he gets a pass because he has money and America loves rockers. Lets have Britney Spears as President.

http://www.tednugent.com/hunting/news/2006/default.aspx?PostID=165

So you want this vulgarity to represent us as gun owners in front of the world. Great move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPMslg98r9M

tombogan03884

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2009, 06:19:36 PM »
M25

His site, his words....a family man? You got to be kidding. I wouldn't let a young girl anywhere near him. Five kids, three mothers, gave up one kid up for adoption...he gets a pass because he has money and America loves rockers. Lets have Britney Spears as President.

http://www.tednugent.com/hunting/news/2006/default.aspx?PostID=165

So you want this vulgarity to represent us as gun owners in front of the world. Great move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPMslg98r9M

Read my previous post. The people YOU approve of have been getting us screwed for nearly a century. WTFU, Your way doesn't work.

Raygun

• Forum Member
  • Die Earthling!
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2009, 06:33:50 PM »
If you can't support Ted Nugent, please let us know who else is ready TODAY to redirect the NRA to do what we want it to do: Fight for the 2ndAmendment.  Not to collaborate on the least damaging laws that continue to erode the 2nd Amendment.

Besides, it seems that he is overcompensating for his misdeeds of the past. How many others have done so so fervently?  

When things are dire, the perfect person comes to lead. Remember the English Bulldog of Britain during WWII? He failed at everything he tried, was hated by his own party, but was the only person to personify England and keep his country's  morale up when NOBODY supported them during the first part of the war and throughout the duration.

History does repeat itself, not just literally. And make no mistake, we gun owners are in a war of survival with the antis.

1776 Rebel

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2009, 07:52:27 PM »
I can think of two off the bat. Oliver North or Tom Selleck. Both are media savy and are decent folks to represent 3 million members. Put a clown as the head of the NRA and kiss your rights good bye. He is not my blood brother (whatever the hell that means, like some 5 year old talking). He is a fool.

I understand the frustration at what is and has been happening for what seems like forever. But for my 2 cents worth it ain't changing. The NRA is a big business. It deals with politicians who are power and money hungry. The gun industry runs all YOUR media (gun show television, magazines, websites etc). All these folks party together and go for drinks after five. So everything YOU THINK IS the voice of the community is BS. You are being manipluated by others on both sides for their own purposes.

It is so very easy to rile up a bunch of folks. Its so easy to get folks all juiced up and call for heads to roll. Get them all to buy buy buy. Whatever the controllers want. But what happens once the crowds put il duce in power? Same old stuff. If Nuge was made el Presidente what do you really think is going to happen? He's going to punch Pelosi out? Come on be real.

If you want to visit the past go look up what happened in 1977 with Harlon Carter. With Neal Knox. With Dave Caplan. They were not clowns. They were intelligent dedicated SA rights folks. How about Charlton Heston. You couldn't get a better spokesman than GOD himself. Yet less than 10 years later we are back on the same warpath of  tearing ourselves apart. This whole argument happens about every 10 or twenty years. We love to rip our own guts out in front of everyone.

The President of the NRA isn't going to do squatolla. What really needs to be done is at the grassroots local level. Your council members, your mayor, your school board. Look around, who is doing that? Very few out of the MILLIONS OF GUN OWNERS. You can't really motivate the gun community. They just won't do the hard work. You can't even get them to write their representatives or call them. Look at this site. You have moderators who don't even belong to the NRA. Waz up with that? My state has 20 Million in population. The NRA state org has about 9 or 10 thousand members. They held a political action dinner two years ago and got 20 people to show up. TWENTY FREAKING PEOPLE out of how many gun owners?

Sorry but I am fed up with all the BS and big ego folks in the gun community. Everyone else wants to be a spectator. Well you can't have it that way. Actually you can, but your going to loose your rights in the long run.

Raygun

• Forum Member
  • Die Earthling!
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009, 08:36:39 PM »
What else can we as gun owners do? I e-mail my elected representatives. I sign petitions. I belong to several gun and grassroots organizations. I live in a relatively pro-gun/sportsman state. I purchase hunting and fishing licenses even though I can only hunt or fish one or two days out of the year.

I punch a time clock. I am not wealthy enough to travel cross country to dinners or to financially support any of those organizations on a regular basis.

There are thousands of people just like me out there. What else can we do?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk