Author Topic: Decision By Administration to Cut Defense Programs  (Read 8544 times)

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Decision By Administration to Cut Defense Programs
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 12:14:58 PM »
It seems to me that part of the thinking that leads to cutting spending on high profile aircraft is this: Modern warfare is taking place in urban areas now. And the bleeding hearts are SOOO careful not to inflict collateral damage so as not to offend our enemies. We are not ALLOWED to fight a war they way we are trained to. What good is it to have the most powerful military the planet has ever seen, if you won't allow those that serve to do their job. I get so frustrated with this. People whine about Iraq being a quagmire or a lost war or a lost cause. BULLS$%T!!! The U.S. Military can and will achieve victory IF YOU LET THEM! I fear that the war on terrorism will end just like Vietnam. We won't lose, we'll just simply quit.  :'(
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 585
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 01:54:29 PM »
It seems to me that part of the thinking that leads to cutting spending on high profile aircraft is this: Modern warfare is taking place in urban areas now. And the bleeding hearts are SOOO careful not to inflict collateral damage so as not to offend our enemies. We are not ALLOWED to fight a war they way we are trained to. What good is it to have the most powerful military the planet has ever seen, if you won't allow those that serve to do their job. I get so frustrated with this. People whine about Iraq being a quagmire or a lost war or a lost cause. BULLS$%T!!! The U.S. Military can and will achieve victory IF YOU LET THEM! I fear that the war on terrorism will end just like Vietnam. We won't lose, we'll just simply quit.  :'(

Truer words were never spoken........
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 05:33:45 PM »
"I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within."
General MacArthur

"One cannot wage war under present conditions without the support of public opinion, which is tremendously molded by the press and other forms of propaganda."
General MacArthur

General MacArthur knew the deal, its sad politicians think "they" know best in a combat environment.

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.
Ulysses S. Grant (1822 - 1885)
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk