Author Topic: Waterboarding  (Read 11775 times)

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Waterboarding
« on: May 26, 2009, 08:05:00 PM »
If this has been posted.. someone tell me.. I did a search and didn't find it..
but that doesn't mean anything.. :-\

Waterboarding..

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Waterboarding
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 08:24:57 PM »
And once more for the class. The Geneva Convention isn't about what kind of people the enemy are, its about reciprocity. Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you. Even Saddam's army treated Jessica Lynch pretty well. If you don't want to see it done to an American soldier, don't do it. Do I need to repeat myself?
FQ13 who is grateful to M'lette for posting that and would pay a thousand dollars a second if Cheney were man enough to do that

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 08:38:50 PM »
IMHO, I do not consider this torture, the word itself brings up images of much more terrible things, The Rack, Hot Pokers, Bamboo Shoots, flat out beatings, jumper cables to body parts in a wet room, Spanish Inquisition, medieval type physical damaging methods that leave permanent damage.

This reporter once it stopped, it was over, Hell Yeah it freaked him out, it would anybody, including our own Navy recruits in SEAR training.

But he was talking, not disfigured, and continued his report.

The radio talk show host Mancow, was waterboarded and disagrees.

Even though attacks were thwarted by the info we received through waterboarding, there are a host of other things that are really nasty. What the N. Vietnamese did to John McCain, was far more severe than this.

http://www.inquisitr.com/24491/conservative-radio-host-mancow-waterboarded-now-says-its-torture/

And once more for the class. The Geneva Convention isn't about what kind of people the enemy are, its about reciprocity. Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you. Even Saddam's army treated Jessica Lynch pretty well. If you don't want to see it done to an American soldier, don't do it. Do I need to repeat myself?
FQ13 who is grateful to M'lette for posting that and would pay a thousand dollars a second if Cheney were man enough to do that

Since when did killing women, children, and flat out targeting civilians, oh don't forget beheading reporters, stoning little girls,, dragging our dead soldiers through the streets and hanging them from a bridge deserve reciprocity for a little water on their face?

The Geneva Convention taken literally applies to a uniformed army. Not terrorists that would slit your mothers throat after they rape her.

C'mon FQ,.. take the blinders off man. Frat hazing is worse than this...
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 08:47:13 PM »
C'mon FQ,.. take the blinders off man. Frat hazing is worse than this...
Tell that to the next American soldier that gets captured. Thats what bothers me. I don't give a rat's rump about the guys in Gitmo and I'm not on some Christian moral crusade. What I am concerened with is that we're not the most popular team in town. I also know we send a lot our folks into harms way. It USED to be known, that we treated our prisoners decently. This helped our guys get the same, because the enemy knew that sooner or later they'd probably have some of their guys captured by us. This stuff pisses me off because I think it diminishes US power to condemn torture in Sudan and China, and because it poses a danger to our troops.
FQ13

deepwater

• SNIPE
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 08:53:42 PM »
awesome!!!! a how to video! I always wondered how they did it...
YOU CAN TEACH A MONKEY HOW TO RIDE A BICYCLE: BUT YOU CAN'T TEACH HIM HOW TO FIX IT!!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:29:54 AM »

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 09:19:55 PM »
Now I know how to influence my kids not to leave the lawn mower out again.  ;D I know there are some folks out there who do not approve of this. But I do believe National Security is a must and the CIA unfortunately has dropped the ball on intelligence. This lack of intelligence, or disregard for intelligence cost a few thousand lives on 9/11. Waterboarding is nothing compared to the brutality of beheading a human being.

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 09:23:22 PM »
No technique is too harsh for people who behead captives and mutilate their own young. These people are one step up from animals who eat their own kind.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 09:42:28 PM »
No technique is too harsh for people who behead captives and mutilate their own young. These people are one step up from animals who eat their own kind.
Somehow, I think I mentioned that that's not the point. Its about reciprocity. If you would call it torture if it were done to Jessica Lynch, don't do it! Why do you not get that?
FQ13
PS For anybody who thinks I'm an idealistic idiot (yes you Tom) bear in mind that the Nazis summarily executed or worse, captured Sovs. Our guys, and the Brits were generally, though not always, treated ok (for very large values of ok, but still a lot better than the alternative). This was in part motivated by racial ideology, but also because they knew we were treating their guys decently. And this was from the folks that brought you Auschwitz.
FQ13

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 12:05:23 AM »
Cheney daughter in action against aggressive MSNBC reporter (on  Cheney daughter in action against aggressive MSNBC reporter (on torture)

This short video is worth your time as it clearly illustrates the 'bullying' techniques of MSNBC and the professional  competence of Liz Cheny.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2009/04/023409.php

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 576
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 06:26:44 AM »
Since when did killing women, children, and flat out targeting civilians, oh don't forget beheading reporters, stoning little girls,, dragging our dead soldiers through the streets and hanging them from a bridge deserve reciprocity for a little water on their face?

The Geneva Convention taken literally applies to a uniformed army. Not terrorists that would slit your mothers throat after they rape her.

Gee, how dare you inject logic into the arguement?  You are a bad man Mr. Twyacht.  Your attitude is going to get you thrown in some fascist prison if the liberal dregs who run this country are able to continue to progress down the communist path....you better watch yourself.  Or else you could end up in some Citizen Endearment and Reeducation Camp with someone like me, or Haz, or M58, or M25, or Tombogan, or Ksail, or Majer, or Brosometal, or. Jaybet, or Pathfinder, or Timothy, or Texasbryan, or Deepwater, or Runstowin, or Swoop, or PegLeg45, or 1911 Junkie, or Sgt Z Squad, or ericire12, or...maybe even philw...you never know...you better watch out for yourself.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk