Author Topic: Bail out California ????  (Read 11033 times)

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bail out California ????
« on: June 16, 2009, 04:47:17 PM »
Bail out California ????

President Obama has less than 50 days to decide this one.  California is in deep, deep, deep trouble.  It is now asking for the Obama Administration to bail it out.  Should it? California is the 8th largest economy in the WORLD! (bigger than Brazil, Canada etc.) If the Obama Administration does not bail it out, will California go into such a deep recession (depression) that it then drags down other (all?) states since all the states are economicallly dependent upon each other?  By the way, if Feds don't bail out California, I think the state will have to cut services drastically and raise taxes steeply.  The state relies on income tax and business taxes to fund itself -- and both sources of income to the state have dropped with the downturn of the economy. If people and businesses are not making money, then they are not paying taxes....do you have a solution?

http://gretawire.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/06/16/bail-out-california/
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Bail out California ????
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 04:49:15 PM »
Maybe we can sell it to Mexico?   ::)

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 05:01:48 PM »
It needs to be held up as a shining example of too much government run amuk! After everyone has seen what happens when liberals run government for too long, we then start the impeachment of all public "servants". This show will be attended by all the politicians in Washington, to serve warning of what will happen to them if they continue to use California as an example of how to run a country!      >:(
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 05:20:19 PM »
I doubt that BeHo will let it go down the tubes, but he should. The Land of Fruits and Nuts is a perfect example of hair brained gubmint spending gone berserk. My only hope is that when the crash comes (and it will), the people who still have money don't move to the other states, and pollute them with their "big brother will take care of you" philosophy.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 05:20:27 PM »
I thought we decided we were gonna GIVE it to Mexico (once we get Squibby out).  That'd be a helluva lot cheaper than dumping money down the Ahhhnold rathole!!!
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:17:56 AM »

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 05:25:21 PM »
I doubt that BeHo will let it go down the tubes, but he should. The Land of Fruits and Nuts is a perfect example of hair brained gubmint spending gone berserk. My only hope is that when the crash comes (and it will), the people who still have money don't move to the other states, and pollute them with their "big brother will take care of you" philosophy.

We get a lot of the California crowd here. ( I have no idea why ) But most of them can't make it through one winter here. The cold and the snow and especially the wind drive 'em right back to the coast. Besides that, people here have ZERO tolerance for non-natives coming in and telling us how to run things.
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 05:27:43 PM »

We get a lot of the California crowd here. ( I have no idea why ) But most of them can't make it through one winter here. The cold and the snow and especially the wind drive 'em right back to the coast. Besides that, people here have ZERO tolerance for non-natives coming in and telling us how to run things.

And God knows they've done SUCH a swell job of running their own pathetic state!!
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 05:36:47 PM »

And God knows they've done SUCH a swell job of running their own pathetic state!!

And Washington.

And Oregon.

And Colorado

And the urban parts of Montana

And . .

And . .

And . .
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 05:43:29 PM »
 Wasn't it Ford who said no bailout for NYC when Ed Koch was Mayor ? the world did not end and the city got it's stuff together.
BO should, but will not, let Ca. learn the same lesson. Instead the US tax payer will wind up funding their totally asinine benifits for illegal aliens, that's when he should be drug out and HANGED.

Did you ever notice that if you type the initials of New York twice, you get the city, NYNY, but if you do it with California, CaCa, you get shit.

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 05:46:03 PM »
do you need California,   not much good comes out of it from what I hear

just add it to the bulldozer list they were working on to reduce the side of the towns  ;)

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk