Author Topic: Hostess Cake/Wonder Bread  (Read 7623 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Hostess Cake/Wonder Bread
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 11:06:29 AM »
That's why heart patients are told that beef is bad, but then told venison and buffalo are OK.
Modern store bought meats and vegetables are basically a manufactured product .

Exactly.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 11:21:32 AM »
The industrialization of agriculture are planks #8 and #9 in the 10 planks of Marxism:

http://laissez-fairerepublic.com/tenplanks.html

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 12:01:21 PM »
About the only store bought meals at my place is frozen veggies.  I make just about every thing from scratch. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2012, 12:11:38 PM »
Not talking about packaged meals...but the beef, pork, chicken, eggs and vegetables themselves.

It's all grown using industrial farming procedures which has slashed nutritional value while trying to salvage some bit of taste and palatability.

Even if you grow your own veggies but use commercial seed, you haven't gained much...better control of what is dumped on them while growing.  If you go that route try to locate "heirloom" seeds...and keep the seeds from the very best of the crop for next time...unlike commercial seeds, those seeds will germinate.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2012, 01:31:29 PM »
Have you signed the petitiom to Nationalize twinkie production?

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/nationalize-twinkie-industry/cJz0ngJR

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:38:51 PM »

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 04:59:32 PM »
Cream filling is lard and powdered sugar!  Bad enough to clog the most hardy artery!!!  LOL

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 05:58:35 PM »
The industrialization of agriculture are planks #8 and #9 in the 10 planks of Marxism:

http://laissez-fairerepublic.com/tenplanks.html

And that explains the Death Tax, both Federal and State.  It is a whole lot easier to nationalize farmland that is under the control of a huge Agribuisiness Conglomerate than it is from a bunch of "bitter clingers" who have farmed the land for generations.

Family farms are becoming a thing of the past, just like the American ship building industry and others, because of the .gov's unsatiatable appetite for more money to redistribute.  Those that adapt will survive for now, those farms that don't will pass on with the current generation.
He who dares wins.  SAS

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 577
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 07:37:47 PM »
Cream filling is lard and powdered sugar! ..........

Yeah....HAHA.  And a whole bunch of Iraqi's ate them..HAHAHAHAHHA.

Tomatoes, ...all the work they do to try to keep them tasting as much like the older ones...and still not real good job...but the great loss is in nutrition...  It takes 10 tomatoes to give the nutrition of one tomato of, say 40 years ago..same with apples.......

Beef is not so great.  I save up and buy 1/2 a beef from farmer when it's slaughter time...saves money and is grass/grain fed no growth hormones.  I like the longhorn/angus blend.  Also, on tomatoes, they are so hydridized for shipping they taste like crap.  Sometimes you can get an old-timey strain which is good....I have some legacy seeds.

Never tried to absolve any participants blame here.  Just trying to get some to understand that labor is not the ONLY one to be blamed.  The last nail?  Probably.  Management had a hammer in their hand too.

Yeah, weak and greedy management combined with over-the-top expectations of becoming an assembly line millionaire.  Both of them are unrealistic and self-serving.  No one wants to hurt anyone's feelings by being direct with the truth until the name calling starts and someone get's mad.....sounds like the RINO Republicans being mommy boy managers ..... and leftists communists being labor leaders.

And that explains the Death Tax, both Federal and State.  It is a whole lot easier to nationalize farmland that is under the control of a huge Agribuisiness Conglomerate than it is from a bunch of "bitter clingers" who have farmed the land for generations.

Family farms are becoming a thing of the past, just like the American ship building industry and others, because of the .gov's unsatiatable appetite for more money to redistribute.  Those that adapt will survive for now, those farms that don't will pass on with the current generation.

What else can you say?  All the families need to establish a Trust (welfare for attorney's) to avoid this insanity if possible.  The best thing that can happen is for the US is to experience a total economic collapse.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 09:39:54 PM »
Talking of Farms.
Agenda 21's purpose is to collectivize farming moving the population into urban centers where they cannot be self sufficient and have no choice but to depend on the Gov.

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2012, 01:17:26 AM »
Have you signed the petitiom to Nationalize twinkie production?

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/nationalize-twinkie-industry/cJz0ngJR

I was trying to explain this one to the wife the other day.. Couldn't make it stick..
Do you realize how absurd that one is??
BO says "Ask me to bail it out! Go ahead, ask me!! I need a mandate to serve the people! Ask me!! Beg me to save a job!!"
How bizarre that is.. I guess I should look at that petition site. Or not.. I wonder if you can start one to remove him from orifice, or maybe prosecute vote fraud, or maybe just leave us the hell alone..  ::)
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk