Author Topic: Hostess Cake/Wonder Bread  (Read 7624 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Hostess Cake/Wonder Bread
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2012, 02:18:49 PM »
I was thinking.....there might be a money making proposition in the demise of the Official Twinkie.

I know I must have eaten one somewhere along the line, but I don't remember it...

But, if someone can devise a kit so they can be  made at home, there may be a nice market for the kits about now.

Not only will folks still  have their beloved Twinkie, they can make them from stuff they might actually be happy to be putting in their mouths.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 04:06:00 PM »
I guess it's time for me to stock up on cupcakes and zingers before it's too late.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 04:25:47 PM »
Economists are predicting that some company will buy the Twinkie name and recipe, and that they will continue to be made.

In other words, Twinkies will most likely survive bankruptcy AND thermonuclear war.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2012, 04:40:13 PM »
That's why heart patients are told that beef is bad, but then told venison and buffalo are OK.

They may want to get a second opinion.

You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 10:59:34 PM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012, 06:29:45 PM »
I was thinking.....there might be a money making proposition in the demise of the Official Twinkie.

I know I must have eaten one somewhere along the line, but I don't remember it...

But, if someone can devise a kit so they can be  made at home, there may be a nice market for the kits about now.

Not only will folks still  have their beloved Twinkie, they can make them from stuff they might actually be happy to be putting in their mouths.

Twinkie recipe
Step one, go to Springfield
Step two, avoiding the hounds,visit  Monty Burns' house and get a barrel of nuclear waste......(Smithers might cut you a better deal) or check Homer's back pockets.
Step three...... ;D

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2012, 09:08:47 PM »
In the 50's they ran a batch of Twinkies with banana cream filling, and in the 70's they ran a second batch switching to vanilla cream.  We have been surviving on the 70's batch ever since, and they have another millennium of them stored away  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2012, 09:11:40 PM »
My understanding it was during ww2 they could not get bannas so they switched.  no real loss. I hate bannas  always have.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2012, 09:19:59 PM »
My understanding it was during ww2 they could not get bannas so they switched.  no real loss. I hate bannas  always have.

It's a joke!  The dates are approximate, but the fact that the polystyrene cake base doesn't mold is pure fact  ;)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2012, 10:19:52 PM »
No dairy ingredients = no mold. The shelf life is about 3 or 4 weeks IIRC.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk