Author Topic: When it all seems out of tune.... Blues & The Saturday Night Special  (Read 2295 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
With everything today often just "out of tune", I dug up one of my favorite guitarists of all time, on acoustic for Saturday.

The talent, and individuality of Jimi Hendrix on acoustic,  is a great metaphor for doing the best with what we have, and that's why he is one of a kind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKaLqATmm3g&feature=related

Great weekend to all.

Tom W.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: When it all seems out of tune.... Blues & The Saturday Night Special
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 10:06:37 PM »
Hey Tom,

Thanks for the time and effort.

It's good for something to sound right and true and to soothe the soul.  Especially when, as you said "With everything today often just out of tune"

Thanks for the weekend present.
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

deepwater

• SNIPE
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 10:25:35 PM »
here's one of my Jimi favorites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJbhpo_tY9k&feature=related

Red House....
YOU CAN TEACH A MONKEY HOW TO RIDE A BICYCLE: BUT YOU CAN'T TEACH HIM HOW TO FIX IT!!

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 06:32:31 AM »
Hey Kidshelleen, You are welcome. Not every Saturday, but ones where the week has been "one of those", I have posted acoustic only American guitarists with a song a little off the beaten path.

Like the old "B" side, deep cuts that other folks may have not heard in a long time or never before. All types of music are considered.

Most members here at DRTV take music just as seriously as their firearms. This is kind of a way, on a weekend, to remind ourselves to keep on keepin on, glad you enjoyed it.

Red House; thanks deepwater, where else can a song fit "99 and one half days" so well.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

deepwater

• SNIPE
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 12:23:03 PM »
always liked red house because it reminds me of some of the guys I sail with, three months away and come home to find the war dept. has taken all and left. sucks if you're on the wrong end of it. 99 and one half days, about the length of one trip too....
YOU CAN TEACH A MONKEY HOW TO RIDE A BICYCLE: BUT YOU CAN'T TEACH HIM HOW TO FIX IT!!

Sponsor

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 07:33:41 PM »
Hey Kidshelleen, You are welcome. Not every Saturday, but ones where the week has been "one of those", I have posted acoustic only American guitarists with a song a little off the beaten path.

Like the old "B" side, deep cuts that other folks may have not heard in a long time or never before. All types of music are considered.

Most members here at DRTV take music just as seriously as their firearms. This is kind of a way, on a weekend, to remind ourselves to keep on keepin on, glad you enjoyed it.

Red House; thanks deepwater, where else can a song fit "99 and one half days" so well.
Awesome, I'll keep an eye out in the future.
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk