Author Topic: One of most versatile weapons on the planet made in Old Town, but good luck find  (Read 2896 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
One of most versatile weapons on the planet made in Old Town, but good luck finding where

By Nick McCrea, BDN Staff
Posted Feb. 17, 2012, at 5:06 p.m.
Last modified Feb. 17, 2012, at 6:21 p.m.

OLD TOWN, Maine — Mack Gwinn III doesn’t like advertising his company’s whereabouts.

But he loves advertising his product, which he calls the most versatile assault rifle on the planet.

Mack Gwinn Industries, or MGI, is tucked into an unassuming, homey building on Main Street. The business isn’t open to the public and the doors are locked even when employees are inside.

--SNIP--

MGI designs and manufactures the Hydra modular weapons system, which has a similar look and feel to the AR-15. But Gwinn’s version of the assault rifle allows the operator to change the barrel, magazine well and other parts at will to fire more than 30 different calibers of ammunition.

Doing that sort of alteration on an AR-15 is like changing the engine in a car, Gwinn said. On a Hydra, the switch doesn’t require any tools and can be finished in less than two minutes.

--SNIP--

MORE AT LINK

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/17/business/one-of-most-versatile-weapons-on-the-planet-made-in-old-town-but-good-luck-finding-where/
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
I've seen Hydras in the local Farm-Fleet store when they expanded the gun stuff to more than just fudd-guns. I've been meaning to investigate what they are and who made them. Cool, never realized they were that alterable. Hmmmmm
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Sounds pretty good.  $1250 for the basic 5.56 rifle sounds great with it's adapability.

https://www.mgi-military.com/store/index.php?product_id=35&type=&category=
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

usmcdadx2

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
FWIW, I believe the AR's at Fleet Farm are Huldra Arms(Adams Arms) gas piston rifles...not the MGI product.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk