Author Topic: Ishy Clean up Started (Finally)  (Read 3316 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ishy Clean up Started (Finally)
« on: July 05, 2008, 04:21:48 PM »
Well, as most of y'all know I bought an Ishapore (Enfield) 2A .308.  C&R and covered in cosmoline.

I was having trouble getting the forearm off (actually I had been mostly letting HazJr work on it).  Well I got it off (BMFH ;) ) no damage to it.

So it is now pretty much torn down (gotta take the butt off yet).  Started removing the cosmoline.  First we hung the parts we could outside in a black plastic bag to 'cook' them.  That worked pretty darn well to get most of it off.  Today I soaked the trigger group, bolt, sling swivels, etc in mineral sprits and brushed them off well to get the remainder.

Tomorrow when the kid is back (at his Moms' today) we will continue to clean and take some pics.  I'll post some old pics and some new stuff here soon.

Haz.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

CurrieS103

• NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Ishy Clean up Started (Finally)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 09:03:09 PM »
Sounds like a cool project Haz.  Keep us up to date.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 11:23:23 PM »
Looking forward to the Photo's   ;D

Ksail101

• Airborne all the way!!!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 11:46:10 PM »
Hey Haz I found this website and I think you may like what it has on it. The guy writes about an Ishapore but it is in a 303 britsh round I believe but still it looks like a cool rifle and he seems to know a little history. Also he talks about the front sight blade not being tall enough to zero out at a 100 yards and what he did to modifly it. So I hope it is what you like.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting2006/ishy/index.asp
Did we win???

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 05:41:57 AM »
Thanks Ksail.  I'll take a look.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:00:49 AM »

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 10:42:27 AM »
Really should have one of those. Waiting patiently for your range report. Now that we have the Heller Mandate, I can re-allocate the AK fund. Are you going to mount optics, Haz?
Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 11:07:59 AM »
Mac,

No optics (yet).  It has a big old ladder sight on the rear that I want to play with first. ;D  I figure this is not a 'bullseye' gun but a minute of kill (human or animal) at say 200+ yards (maybe 300 if my eyes cooperate).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk