Author Topic: Pioneer Arms Coach Guns  (Read 34771 times)

DeadeyeMagoo

• Forum Member
  • SASS Deadeye Magoo
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pioneer Arms Coach Guns
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 11:56:37 AM »
Here some more, best picture of Pioneer cross bolt lock

"...one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence.’’ — Charles A. Beard

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 12:16:28 PM »
Hey Andy...I'd really be interested in hearing your rationale for using a hammered double as a home self-defense tool!!!

mb
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

berthongo

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2011, 01:41:17 PM »
Called Pioneer Arms last week and they are not taking any more orders in 2011 and may not take any in 2012.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2011, 02:15:14 PM »
Called Pioneer Arms last week and they are not taking any more orders in 2011 and may not take any in 2012.

If you reload, call around high end shotgun dealers. I'd look at mags like "Shooting Sportsman" or "Sporting Classics" or "Grays Sporting Journal" (all great reads). Anyway, they are full of ads for these sorts of companies. Me, I sold a double hammer Belgian straight stock twenty gauge to New England Arms for $75. Why? It had a damascus barrel and I didn't reload, so I took store credit on salt water flies  at wholesale, and was, if  not happy, content. The point is, if you'd followed me into the store 15 minutes later with $150 you'd have had a damn nice gun if you were willing to reload or pay for BP shells. If you wanted to make it a coach gun all you'd have needed was a hacksaw and a yardstick to make sure you stayed legal (I'd reccomend 19" if I were doing it myself).  Remember, even at CAS loadings, BP buckshot will still ruin your whole day at across the living room distance. Before I dropped a grand or better on a repro, I'd buy a few expensive magazines and make some calls to dealers to see if I couldn't get the real thing for half that or less. Of course it will be a no name gun, as the "usual suspects" will be high dollar, but lots of good stuff was made by small American, French, German, and Belgian companies that no one has ever heard of today. Think the Stevens and Mavericks and Stoegers of their era. Again, it all depends on your willingness to load BP.
FQ13
PS welcome

langloisandy

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Andys Leather!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 04:45:31 PM »

Berth,

I just got a message from Kage over at Pioneer, sounds like they are backordered a bit and trying to catch up.

Check out their web page, it looks like they are trying to get into the rifle market now too which is way cool.

Atlantic Arms and IO is importing the pistolas they make ( PPs43-C pistol ) http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct883.aspx
I don't know why I need one of these , I suppose it would work for a shop gun.. any excuse for a cool new toy!

;)

Andy
Andy
www.andysleather.com
Ask me about Scout Rifle Slings ( www.scoutrifle.org )

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 05:36:25 PM »

seeker_two

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 07:18:22 PM »
Gotta agree with Andy...the Pioneer may be the best coach gun ever made. After handling several at Winter Range this year, it went straight onto the short list of must-haves. I keep a coach gun (an ancient 12 gauge Stoeger) accessible along with my Vang Comp 870 because it's what my Sweetie shoots in cowboy action.

Funny story...when I lived in a banger neighborhood in Tampa years and years ago, I got an old Stoeger 12 gauge, spray painted all the wood black and had the metal bumper-chromed. Next time I saw one of the warlords, I invited him in and showed him the pimped-out new gun while regaling him with stories of my "special" magnum 12 gauge handloads loaded with both #00 buck and pieces of busted glass (if you're gonna lie, lie big I say!). Within 24 hours the whole neighborhood knew about "that crazy M-F'er and his freaking nickle-plated cannon." Never got robbed, needless to say...

BTW, you always get what you pay for!

Michael B

Any chance of getting Pioneer to do a "Michael Bane Special?".....  ;D
Why, yes....I'm the right-wing extremist Obama warned you about... ;D

I just wish Texas was as free and independent as everyone thinks it is...   :'(

Mrwilmoth

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2012, 09:41:27 PM »
Wow that is a piece of art! I tried calling Pioneer but there number is disconnected?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk