Author Topic: Pizza Hut driver suspended from his job after he shot an armed robber  (Read 10453 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A Des Moines pizza driver was suspended from his job after he shot an armed robber who put a gun to his head Thursday and demanded money. Link:http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080401/NEWS/80401028

The suspect, Kenneth Jimmerson, 19, was arrested when he later called for medical help. Jimmerson, who police say suffered at least three gunshot wounds, survived his injuries and faces a first-degree robbery charge. Melanie Stout, 18, who allegedly called in the pizza order, is charged with conspiracy.

Spiers said it was the first time in 10 years on the job that he’d been a robbery victim.
“Anytime you’re involved in delivery, I suppose you’re an easy target,” he said.

Spiers, who has a valid handgun permit, said he’s been “pretty much in the dark” about his job since the incident. Vonnie Walbert, vice president of human resources at Pizza Hut’s corporate offices in Dallas, said last week that employees are not allowed to carry guns “because we believe that that is the safest for everybody.”

Which is more unreasonable: Spiers’ concern for his safety, or Pizza Hut’s lack of concern for it? Let Pizza Hut know where you stand. Call 1-800-948-8488 to offer your opinion on Spiers’ employment situation.

BTW: A Google search turns up 574,000 hits for pizza delivery murder.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • One thing I've learned. **"It's hit or be hit."**
  • Liked:
Re: Pizza Hut driver suspended from his job after he shot an armed robber
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 09:44:02 AM »
Similar cases to this one have happened in NC with delivery drivers shooting robbers. Good for the deliver drivers.. Anyone put in harms way because of a robber ..in a life threating case.. should be able to protect themselves..  I mean what's the delivery driver gonna do ..call the police..  he may be shot dead by the time the robbery is over.. Good for the Pizza Hut delivery person... 

CZShooter

• IDPA SO/MD, NRA RSO
  • Top Forum Member
  • CZ75...the choice of anime's hottest bounty hunter
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 06:00:05 PM »
I thought the following quote was appropriate...

"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
If the women don't find you handsome...they should at least find you handy.

Mojave Desert

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 12:00:21 AM »
It's far better to be unemployed and alive, than buried in a big Pizza Hut box.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 07:51:31 AM »
I thought the following quote was appropriate...

"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Amen, Great quote by a truly great man.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Sponsor

SaluteTheGuard

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 10:41:10 PM »
Pizza Hut should hire him back with a raise cuz we all know they'd be saying "if only he had protected himself with his gun" had he been shot.

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 02:05:00 AM »
Pizza Hut should hire him back with a raise cuz we all know they'd be saying "if only he had protected himself with his gun" had he been shot.

But they won't.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 880
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 09:03:55 AM »
Has anyone heard what the status of Spiers is?  Tried Thursday and Friday to get through to Pizza Hut Customer Service, and ended up on hold for soooooooo long I gave up both times.  It's another hour before I can try today, but I'm getting ready to go play.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

ismram

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 10:23:03 PM »
If I had a chance to talk to Ken, I would advise him to go tell Pizza Hut to  POUND SAND!!! They don't give a crap about him or any of there employees! Go find a new job for a company that cares about there people. >:(
IDPA, NRA (IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR MILITARY PLEASE STAND IF FRONT OF THEM!!!)

Dharmaeye

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 10:41:26 PM »
A Des Moines pizza driver was suspended from his job after he shot an armed robber who put a gun to his head Thursday and demanded money. Link:http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080401/NEWS/80401028

The suspect, Kenneth Jimmerson, 19, was arrested when he later called for medical help. Jimmerson, who police say suffered at least three gunshot wounds, survived his injuries and faces a first-degree robbery charge. Melanie Stout, 18, who allegedly called in the pizza order, is charged with conspiracy.

Spiers said it was the first time in 10 years on the job that he’d been a robbery victim.
“Anytime you’re involved in delivery, I suppose you’re an easy target,” he said.

Spiers, who has a valid handgun permit, said he’s been “pretty much in the dark” about his job since the incident. Vonnie Walbert, vice president of human resources at Pizza Hut’s corporate offices in Dallas, said last week that employees are not allowed to carry guns “because we believe that that is the safest for everybody.”

Which is more unreasonable: Spiers’ concern for his safety, or Pizza Hut’s lack of concern for it? Let Pizza Hut know where you stand. Call 1-800-948-8488 to offer your opinion on Spiers’ employment situation.

BTW: A Google search turns up 574,000 hits for pizza delivery murder.

Thank you,
Just phoned and left a message that it appears they are UN AMERICAN with their anti-consitution position.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk