Author Topic: quick question about taurus  (Read 8365 times)

drjihmd

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: quick question about taurus
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 10:09:28 PM »
I have been shooting SA Taurus  revolvers, for more than a year, and the revolvers are solid, well built and reliable, have no need for a gunsmith yet, I feel that they are built for life, I have researched  the company, and found no problems so far, the other advantage is that that they are very affordable, sincerely, Jack Balas, SASS MEMBER # 76509.

Galeth005

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 12:53:26 PM »
hey guys thanks for the input, i'm going to pick up the millenium and the 85 b2 later this week
Don't let their IGNORANCE take away YOUR rights!!!

phil

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 08:07:35 PM »
 I have  a taurus pt millenium pro 140. The magazine release button wore out in less than 200 rds. I received a new one in 3 months ( not very long ha ha ha!!!). I have not had the chance to fire many rounds yet but when I do I will let you know.

Galeth005

• Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 12:36:00 AM »
I have  a taurus pt millenium pro 140. The magazine release button wore out in less than 200 rds. I received a new one in 3 months ( not very long ha ha ha!!!). I have not had the chance to fire many rounds yet but when I do I will let you know.
ya keep me posted, i ended up getting the 24/7 compact in .40... sigh they sold the millenium i wanted to buy and didnt want to wait 2 months for them to order another
Don't let their IGNORANCE take away YOUR rights!!!

hardcurrency

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 07:12:44 AM »
I carry a pt111 9mm and a m85ss on a daily basis and have fired thousands of rounds thru them w/o any problems whatsoever. I also have a Raging Bull in 454 casull. I have ready many forum threads about Taurus and Im sure there is merit to some of them but my personal expeirence has been nothing but good.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:40:27 AM »

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 05:36:32 PM »
My only complaint about my Taurus 9mm autoloader is that the open top slide has a tendency to drop hot brass down the front of my shirt.  Other than that it's a GREAT gun!!  Goes bang EVERY time I pull the trigger, and it's previous owner carried it on duty (S.O.) for 3 years before I bought it.  VERY dependable weapon.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2008, 12:01:07 AM »
My only complaint about my Taurus 9mm autoloader is that the open top slide has a tendency to drop hot brass down the front of my shirt.  Other than that it's a GREAT gun!!  Goes bang EVERY time I pull the trigger, and it's previous owner carried it on duty (S.O.) for 3 years before I bought it.  VERY dependable weapon.

I used to have a Helwan (Egyptian copy of Berretta M 51) The damned thing used to consistantly put the brass on top of my head, I will never own another Berretta semi auto, If I want to be abused I will get married again.

Swamp Yankee

• Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2008, 07:47:44 AM »
I have a 24/7 pro 40 that has been flawless. My current round count is 6,500 in three years a really great pistol.

Mike Mc   :D
NRA Certified Instructor, Rifle, Pistol & Shotgun

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2008, 08:49:22 AM »
I used to have a Helwan (Egyptian copy of Berretta M 51) The damned thing used to consistantly put the brass on top of my head, I will never own another Berretta semi auto, If I want to be abused I will get married again.

;D

Friend had a 1911 that you could almost aim the brass with.  It shot straight out about 6 ft.

My command's last trip to the range with our M9s I was at the end of teh line and the range coach was giving me crap about draws just over 1.5 sec.  I told him I'd be faster if I wasn't getting the guy next to me's brass in my shirt every time.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2008, 11:29:58 AM »
;D

Friend had a 1911 that you could almost aim the brass with.  It shot straight out about 6 ft.

My command's last trip to the range with our M9s I was at the end of teh line and the range coach was giving me crap about draws just over 1.5 sec.  I told him I'd be faster if I wasn't getting the guy next to me's brass in my shirt every time.

I HATE that  ;D I always try to get on the left end of the firing line when I'm shooting out doors. It's worked so far but I KNOW one of these days I'll run into some stinker with a Stag Arms left hand AR   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk