Author Topic: quick question about taurus  (Read 8378 times)

Galeth005

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
quick question about taurus
« on: May 11, 2008, 01:28:42 PM »
so i've been looking into a few other forums and other peoples opinions and most seem to say that taurus are horribly made guns, i really like the way they feel and fire, howerever i dont want to buy a gun that will end up spending more time in the shop than on the range. so essentially my question is how realiable is taurus?
Don't let their IGNORANCE take away YOUR rights!!!

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: quick question about Taurus
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 01:51:45 PM »
I shoot and carry the PT140  and am in process of getting a PT145  to carry and giving the 40 to the wife to replace her 649. Little break in period and your good to go. Of course the revolvers have always been good IMO . little trouble with their Small auto loaders in the beginning but I trust them.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: quick question about taurus
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 02:18:29 PM »
so i've been looking into a few other forums and other peoples opinions and most seem to say that taurus are horribly made guns, i really like the way they feel and fire, howerever i dont want to buy a gun that will end up spending more time in the shop than on the range. so essentially my question is how realiable is taurus?

Oh Lord, here we go again . . . .

:D
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Galeth005

• Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 02:47:02 PM »
Oh Lord, here we go again . . . .

:D

i just want to know if i'm getting a lemon... i dont want an indepth look at the company, the guns, all that, just personal experiance.  i have done all the other research

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 03:13:05 PM »
Have an old Taurus .357 wheel gun, goes bang every time I pull the trigger, no issues with years of full power loads. And at least a 1000 or so of .38's.

Didn't mention whether you were leaning semi auto, or revolver, The reviews of the 24/7 OSS semi look promising.

Test drive em if you can.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:49:40 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 03:52:21 PM »
I have carried several Taurus .357 Mag revolvers for personal defense oiver the years, I've heard that customer service leaves a bit to be desired, but I have NEVER neede to use them.

Galeth005

• Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 04:17:18 PM »
I'm looking into getting the millennium pro 111 in 9mm, the model 85shc or the 85b2

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 04:24:59 PM »
I'm looking into getting the millennium pro 111 in 9mm, the model 85shc or the 85b2

Freind of mine carries that, 2 things, Mags from Midway do not fit, and the front sight screw loosens up.

USMC5811

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 01:49:50 AM »
I carry a 24/7 Pro Compact daily, if it had any issue I wouldn't carry it.  I have over 2500 rounds through it with no problems.
University of Science Music and Culture

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 09:19:21 PM »
I have aPT1911, PT111, M85, and a CIA605. All operate without any problems, and I handload all my ammo.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk