Author Topic: Game stop  (Read 5228 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Game stop
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2021, 12:41:30 PM »
Your next project should be giving lessons on THAT sh!t  !           ;D
its real simple, work 16 hours every day.  Go with out things you don't need to survive.  I most people are not willing to do that

" opportunity is often mistaken for hard work and sacrifice "
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2021, 08:59:01 PM »
its real simple, work 16 hours every day.  Go with out things you don't need to survive.  I most people are not willing to do that

" opportunity is often mistaken for hard work and sacrifice "

Truth.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2021, 10:48:18 PM »
Truth.

Over the years I have helped many friends get thier finances  in order.  I am always amazed at how people spend thier money.

One just buy cutting out her startbucks saved $500/ month.  She also lost 10# . 

Most people can cut $200-1000/ off thier monthly expenses and not really lose anything .  It just takes a critical eye at what you are spending.   Most people can not do that.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2021, 02:16:38 AM »
As always, it's not what you earn. It's what you do with it after you earn it.

tombogan03884

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2021, 09:09:41 AM »
Might be true enough if you are affluent. Otherwise it's all BS.
Luck, and connections mean a hell of a lot more than all the hard work in the world.

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 12:23:27 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2021, 10:21:55 AM »
Luck, and connections mean a hell of a lot more than all the hard work in the world.
I grew up extremely  poor.   While the old saying, its not what you know but who.  Is true.  It does not mean if you are willing to bust your ass you can make it it.

I was very lucky, I had several very rich men take me under thier wing and showed me how to succeed.  I found the more I played straight up, the better I did.  The more games I played to make a buck the hard it became to make a living. 

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2021, 11:34:33 AM »

That is only true if you want it to be true.  Connections do make a difference so that is something to cultivate.  People like working with congenial people they share interests with and not with people who get on their nerves...it's always going to be that way.  A lot of guys I worked with, for and for me knew the right way of doing things and by golly they were going to stick with it regardless of whether it made sense or not...that's pride and arrogance.  It's like one dumb ass who burned up a $14,000 boat motor to help a $2,000 dollar a day barge get on location...he by golly knew the work had to get done and it was going to get done that day because he didn't want to fool with it tomorrow he had important things to do (that amounted to nothing) and it messed up the schedule...but waiting 12 hours brought the high tide in and only an additional $1,500 standby charge...instead of spending $1,500...which we did anyway, he added the price of the motor because he had to drag that barge through the mud.   But on the other hand when told to do something stupid you know isn't going to work making it's sometimes prudent to realize that making changes is like pushing a string...it's time to jump jobs and not go down with the ship.

One of the things I learned later in life was that working hard at one place rarely gets you anywhere especially if someone else is a drinking buddy or "married to the boss's daughter".  You have to change jobs when you see an opportunity and "jump off that diving board" into something you may not have done but are prepared to learn. 

I jumped at around 40 to an upgraded job I did not have a experience in and put in 60 hours a week to keep from getting fired.  It was touch and go for 6 months.  After a couple of years I started getting the highest bonus for all the engineers in that company....because adding my previous experience to what I learned just made it easy to do a better job than the other guys.  However, those upper management jobs went to someone else....it was easier to find someone for those jobs than to replace me.  I jumped again...since then I've worked for 4 or 5 different companies making a heck of a lot more than I ever could have if I had stayed at one place.  Very, very few managers have the integrity to help good employees improve their work path, they would rather have those good employees help them so they keep them in a job where the manager is benefited. 

Luck.  Maybe some people have that but very few have life changing luck.  I had to study, look around and work to make my own "luck".  I took time to search for opportunities wherever they were.  Whenever I saw a job I wanted to interview for I started finding out what that job title required and studied what I didn't know to be prepared for the interview.  Not a few minutes, but as many hours as it took or that I had available to prepare.  Luck just isn't something to hang around waiting on in hopes that it drops on your head to get you out of whatever job it is that isn't paying the bills or improving one's career. 

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2021, 11:35:41 AM »
<snip> I was very lucky, I had several very rich men take me under thier wing and showed me how to succeed.  <snip>

Why is it they took you under their wing?

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2021, 12:55:29 PM »
Why is it they took you under their wing?
not sure.  If I had to guess they saw something in me they liked

tombogan03884

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2021, 09:53:39 AM »
I grew up extremely  poor.   While the old saying, its not what you know but who.  Is true.  It does not mean if you are willing to bust your ass you can make it it.

I was very lucky, I had several very rich men take me under thier wing and showed me how to succeed.  I found the more I played straight up, the better I did.  The more games I played to make a buck the hard it became to make a living.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk