Author Topic: Carcano!  (Read 9220 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Carcano!
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2017, 06:14:30 AM »
Then they throw in a curve by changing the system about the beginning of WWII.
Because the Meijii restoration was in 1868  But the Type 99 rifles had long come and gone by 1967 .
We're no better, -03 Springfield, Colt 1911, then M-1 Rifle, M1  Carbine.
The Russians seem to be the least confusing.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2017, 09:00:21 AM »
NICE!!!
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

BAC

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2017, 06:16:40 PM »
The short and the long of it. [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2017, 10:18:16 PM »
I don't know if the word "cute" applies to military rifles or not but if it does the carbine is cute.   ;)  The rifle looks unwieldy.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

BAC

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2017, 10:24:14 PM »
I don't know if the word "cute" applies to military rifles or not but if it does the carbine is cute.   ;)  The rifle looks unwieldy.

My wife said it's a baby.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 05:35:27 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2017, 10:41:20 PM »
Baby rifle is a very good description.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2017, 06:18:32 AM »
Really, check out CandRsenal.
 Since all the bolt actions of WWII originated in the late 1800's and were left overs from WWI.
WARNING they haven't gotten to the 03 or Mosin Nagant, but they have about 3 hours each on the Enfields and Mausers broken up by model, same with the Carcano and Mannlicher/Steyr.

BAC

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2017, 09:23:25 AM »
Been watching for a little while.  Forgotten Weapons, too.

tombogan03884

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2017, 03:50:32 PM »
;D My 2 favorite sites !

BAC

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2017, 05:25:41 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk