Author Topic: Grips for S&W 629 Mtn Revolver  (Read 4987 times)

dalea

• Forum Member
  • Aint no feelin like Petermobilin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Grips for S&W 629 Mtn Revolver
« on: January 31, 2009, 09:37:10 AM »
I have a S&W 629 mountain Revolver, the predeseccor to the Mountain gun. Currently the grip is a Hougue rubber monogrip, which works ok but is not that pretty. Im looking to get a new set of wood to improve concealability and make my Smith look a little better. Does any one have a suggestion? I was looking at Ahrends round butt finger groove grip in cocoboo. Does any one know if this grip is the same or larger than the Hogue monogrip?  How much larger is the RB FG Ahrends than thier own grip i believe is called the fingergroove boot grip.  I carry the 629 often and have no problem concealing it under a light jacket in a Simply Rugged pancake holster worn IWB .  I see Hogue has a wood boot grip called a Bantam.

tombogan03884

Re: Grips for S&W 629 Mtn Revolver
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 12:18:27 PM »
I'm not positive, but I believe Hogue will do custom grips.

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 03:32:05 PM »
  Try these guys.  ;)  http://www.ajaxgrips.com/
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 09:22:23 PM »
Dalea, there are a lot of good grips out there, Hogues and Ahrends are good choices, but going to a solid grip, plastic or wood, will give you more felt recoil, and in a .44mag, downright pain. I recently purchased a 625 smith 3" round butt, and put my small safariland round butt grips on it,  nice package, but wow :o it rocked hard, I have a 5" 625 that is a joy, but this got my attention, went to the Hogue rubbers and all is well. If you can, try before you buy, especially if you are going to shoot full house stuff, which is why you bought a Magnum instead of a Special, or at least that is my guess. The boot grip I think will hurt you, I'm not very recoil sensitive, but physics is physics.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk