Author Topic: .327 issues  (Read 4885 times)

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
.327 issues
« on: February 01, 2009, 01:02:01 PM »
Ruger .327 Magnum Issues: …A friend of mine and I were shooting his SP101 .327 a week ago and it would intermittently lock up or act like there were filings in the action. He called Ruger last Monday and was told that there "was a problem with the cylinders" and that they (Ruger) were not yet sure "how to fix it". They offered to several options to rectify his situation and there is no complaint from him concerning Ruger, per se. (I am not yet sure what option he chose.) In short, Ruger does seem aware of the problem and is seeking or possibly found a solution. (This is but one more example of why waiting to buy a "new" anything in the firearm world is not a bad thing. The design is proven in the much more common .357 and that revolver's a favorite of mine but the idea of a six-shooter from an original five-shooter was enough change that I thought I'd sit back a while   from a post on stoppingpower.net   is this for real?
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: .327 issues
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 04:17:29 PM »
I hope not 3 recalls out of 3 new guns is too much!

FWIW

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 458
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 04:36:44 PM »
I hope not 3 recalls out of 3 new guns is too much!

Now now.  That would only be 3 out of 4.   Don't forget the LCR.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 05:58:55 PM »
Now now.  That would only be 3 out of 4.   Don't forget the LCR.

Lets don't forget the LCR isn't on the shelf yet.

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 06:19:05 PM »
When I got my SP101 .357 Magnum in the early 90's, it would lock up occasionally too. I sent it in to Ruger and they performed some minor deburring. I have never had a problem since. I wouldn't think that the problem that your friend is having is a general problem with the guns in the new caliber. It's basically just putting a new bullet into an existing design. Perhaps, in a rush to get them onto store shelves, a number of them were hurried along the line.

This kind of stuff can happen with any make of gun. I've heard reports that many Sigs have been coming out with some problems too, and I have a S&W 686 that I got in 1985 that was recalled for a firing pin bushing problem that I believe got an officer shot. I still need to send that one in, but I've never had any problem myself.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:52:10 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk