Author Topic: Having anything useful on you makes you a bad guy? Comments from a movie.  (Read 3190 times)

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I was watching a movie (Source Code) the other day and a comment made during it really caught be off guard.  Overall, the movie isn't half bad and I won't try to divuldge too many spoilers in case someone wants to watch it.  The basic plot involves the lead character trying to identify a guy who has put a bomb on a train.  It takes place in Chicago; I find that relevant.  During the search, the lead's superior tells him that the bad guy had to have something on him to help place the bomb.  She runs down a least of things to look for: flashlight, gloves, screw driver, knife, something.  As soon as she said that, I realized I would be a prime target since I had everything on me she mentioned but the gloves with the addition of a handgun.  The pistol doesn't always get to come with me because I am often in a "Gun Free Zone," but everything else is almost always on me.  I even carry at least 2 of most things on that list.

Are these people really that far out there that having a flashlight makes you a suspect?  I realize it's a movie, but someone had to right the lines and noone took them out.

tombogan03884

Re: Having anything useful on you makes you a bad guy? Comments from a movie.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 01:11:21 PM »
I was watching a movie (Source Code) the other day and a comment made during it really caught be off guard.  Overall, the movie isn't half bad and I won't try to divuldge too many spoilers in case someone wants to watch it.  The basic plot involves the lead character trying to identify a guy who has put a bomb on a train.  It takes place in Chicago; I find that relevant.  During the search, the lead's superior tells him that the bad guy had to have something on him to help place the bomb.  She runs down a least of things to look for: flashlight, gloves, screw driver, knife, something.  As soon as she said that, I realized I would be a prime target since I had everything on me she mentioned but the gloves with the addition of a handgun.  The pistol doesn't always get to come with me because I am often in a "Gun Free Zone," but everything else is almost always on me.  I even carry at least 2 of most things on that list.

Are these people really that far out there that having a flashlight makes you a suspect?  I realize it's a movie, but someone had to right the lines and noone took them out.

Yes they are.
Anything that makes you less dependent on the Nanny State makes you a potential threat to the agenda.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 09:50:36 PM »
I saw that movie a few months back and the same line caught my attention as well.  I find comments like that all the time, in fact I heard one last night on "Person of Interest" that irked me a little, just can't remember what it was  ;D
He who dares wins.  SAS

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 10:43:26 PM »
Yes they are.
Anything that makes you less dependent on the Nanny State makes you a potential threat to the agenda.

Fixed it for you  >:(
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

r_w

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 05:25:18 PM »
I bet there are more guns than flashlights on Chicago trains.
"Why are you carrying a pistol?  Expecting trouble?"

"No Maam.  If I was expecting trouble, I'd have a rifle."

Sponsor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk