Author Topic: Not sure what I'm asking for here but...  (Read 9972 times)

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Not sure what I'm asking for here but...
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 11:59:03 PM »
Thank you, guys.. I appreciate it..
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 08:49:25 AM »
"This time tomorrow"...
I woke up this morning with a smell in my nose that I haven't smelled since "life was new"..
I lived 5 years in KS. If you've had the opportunity to notice, out that way has a different smell than Back East does.
I can't describe it other than to maybe call it a little musty, maybe. Flowers don't really have a smell out there, compared to places that have a higher humidity, (and maybe a lower altitude??)..
Anyway, I came of age out there. The Lord called me down south, but I "grew up" out that way..
When I left KS, I forgot that smell in a couple of years I guess.
I woke up with that smell in my head/nose this morning..

Life was new back then. More fragrant & tactile.. Funnier & less predictable..
A sunrise and a cup of coffee was an ideal moment, given to a proper examination of life and thankfulness..
Blessings were like water to silt. They just carried me along the way, to ever broader, more interesting places..
Lately, I seem to have become part of the sand bar at the mouth of the river, where folks trying to go along their way get stuck on. It seems to take a hurricane or flood to move me.. Seems like the only ones inviting me to come along are going someplace I've already been or have no intention of going.. I've never liked going backwards. It's never what it was when I was there before.. I'm pretty sure that's a good summary for why I don't like being where I am now..
("A prophet is not without honor except in his own country".)
Folks here expect me to either be a easily led, sweet little kid or a (now matured) pothead.. I'm neither. Those first two incarnations of "me" died a very long time ago. May they rest in peace..
I'm here, and as long as I'm able, I'll fight for the things that I know are right, true and just, as far as I can see, and to the best if my ability, but it isn't much fun anymore..
I liked it better when life was new..

Thanks for listening..

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 07:58:34 AM »
My prayers for you today are that God will guide the hands of your surgeon, that your recovery is rapid and complete, and that the newness of life envelopes you in comfort, peace and contentment.

By the time you read this, I'm sure you will be well on your way to no more back pain.  Now, your job is to do what the doc says, follow the therapist's instructions, and know the cutting is done and the healing begun.

May the blessings of our Lord be with you, now and in the days to come, my friend.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 08:01:33 PM »
Hope everything went well today and you're on your way home soon.   Thought of you several times.   
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 06:11:44 PM »
Just got back in a few minutes ago. Can't really walk or type or dress myself or anything else, (until the drugs kick in..)
They gave me a walker. I named it Walker, Texas Ranger, because I don't drink scotch..
This is what they did..
http://www.understandspinesurgery.com/Videos/Watch/Decompressive-Lumbar-Laminectomy
 L-3 to S-1, 4 vertebrae. They leave the damn thing open!! The Dr spoke of that part of the bone as "superfluous"!! I'm not convinced of that, and I don't know if the bone grows back, but done this way, it's probably not good if it does..
They put a cath in me.. After it came out, those kidney stones that nobody can seem to find are much more noticeable. I farted through my penis..  :o That was "new"... Not something I want to repeat.. I happened to be curled up in a ball anyway and actually watched it happen..
Don't you just love going to the hospital?!..
I'm here. I hurt.
Thank you for your prayers!!!!
I'll be on the sidelines for a while..

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:50:11 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 585
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 06:59:26 PM »
Prayers for you brother.  I just picked up on this post.

I might have missed it, but which VA hospital in which town?

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 12:38:23 PM »
Hang in there Santa.  Sometimes, well usually, the recovery takes more out of you, short term, than the problem did.

It is not good if you aren't sure you trust what the Dr. says.   I've had Dr.s become quite peeved when I mentioned I thought I'd get another opinion.  I didn't feel very comfortable knowing the man who was likely gonna cut on me was ticked at me.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 07:41:26 AM »
Time (and some good drugs) is your friend, brother. 

Each hour, each day, each week you will hurt less until the pain is mostly gone--even without the painkillers.

And, you will discover that the absence of constant pain is like a huge weight has been taken from your shoulders.

It will change your entire outlook on life.

You will rediscover somethings that have long been missing:  joy; happiness; pleasure.

May God speed your healing, my friend.

Crusader Rabbit

“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk