Author Topic: My heart aches with each new report...  (Read 4818 times)

JLawson

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My heart aches with each new report...
« on: February 23, 2013, 09:45:54 PM »
The Army has just released the January 2013 suicide data report.  It tells of brave men and women who sacrificed so much, for so many, and who found themselves at a crossroad.  Loneliness, despair, and pain overshadowed everything else and we lost them.  The Nation lost them.  Their parents, spouses, children, loved ones, and friends lost them.  For this my heart aches.

Please join me in prayer for all who find themselves at this same crossroad.  Pray that God will show them His love and mercy.  Pray that they stop for just a moment to consider all those that love them and need them.  Pray that each one will decide that tomorrow can be better - that tomorrow will be better - with God's help and the support of others who understand.

There are people who care... the number to call is 1-800-273-TALK.  If God, because of His unfathomable love, has brought you to this message in a moment of darkness and hopelessness then please call - you'll find no judgement on the other end of the line.  You'll talk to someone who understands and who wants to help you see what tomorrow has to offer.  Please call.

http://www.defense.gov/releases/release.aspx?releaseid=15828

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My heart aches with each new report...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 06:58:55 AM »
JLawson, been at that crossroads myself and by the grace of God took the right turn.  It is a scarry place to be!  I to am concerned with those stastics.  Not good for anyone let alone our service men and women.  I also join in prayers for them.

God Bless,

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk