Author Topic: DirecTV subscribers: ask to get Outdoor Channel in HD  (Read 4798 times)

sfmittel

• Old Guy
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
DirecTV subscribers: ask to get Outdoor Channel in HD
« on: November 30, 2007, 09:03:24 PM »
I'm a DirecTV subscriber and a big fan of High Definition TV.  Recently, DirecTV upgraded its service, pointed to new satellites, and added a potload of new HD versions of their existing channel lineup.  However, The Outdoor Channel in HD wasn't one of them.  I wrote them an e-mail asking about it, and I actually got a reply within 24 hours (!).  Part of their reply is quoted below.  For those of you who subscribe to DirecTV, please drop them a line and request The Outdoor Channel in HD.  Who knows, they might even respond.  And if you don't get Hi Def now, write them anyway, because you will get it someday - it's just too good to pass up.

"Thanks for writing about getting the Outdoor Channel in HD. As you know, we don't carry it right now and we don’t currently have plans to add it to our lineup.

However, we often add programming based on customer requests, and I have forwarded your request to DIRECTV management.

In addition, whenever we add channels to our lineup, we release a statement to the press, so keep an eye on the news to find out about the newest channels or visit our website at directv.com/pr."
NRA Benefactor Life Member, USCCA Member, ARFCOM Life Member, GlockTalk Life Member, Harley rider

Jim Urban

• Top Forum Member
  • Stay Frosty-Stay Safe
  • Liked:
Re: DirecTV subscribers: ask to get Outdoor Channel in HD
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 09:40:20 PM »
Have you got that e-mail address handy? I'll definitely send them my .02 on the matter.

Jim
S&W 340PD....I Won't Leave Home Without It.

sfmittel

• Old Guy
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
NRA Benefactor Life Member, USCCA Member, ARFCOM Life Member, GlockTalk Life Member, Harley rider

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 09:49:32 PM »
I mirror your comments, when I got dtv, outdoor channel was not even shown as an option, the adds in magazines said ask your cable or dish provider. So I called and they said yes we do have the outdoor channel it's 2 bucks a month extra. You can guess my response. I have also asked in the past if they were going to get the HD version and the reply was over the phone, WE are constantly adding HD to our menu, but that is not on the list right now. I will however add, from the responses I've read here and talking to friends with other providers, dtv, is one of the few who provide the outdoor channel, even as an option.

Please everyone who has directtv, call, email and ask for it.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Jim Urban

• Top Forum Member
  • Stay Frosty-Stay Safe
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 10:02:47 PM »
Thanks for the link Old Guy. E-mail sent.

Jim
S&W 340PD....I Won't Leave Home Without It.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:56:13 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk