Author Topic: New Member Intro  (Read 773215 times)

justwannashoot

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Member Intro
« Reply #2100 on: May 06, 2013, 11:03:20 PM »
Seems funny that I am posting as a New Member, but although this is my first post, I have been lurking for years, and actually joined back in 2010 and even lurked for quite a while before then. All these years, I have just been following the group and not posting.
Then Michael came to Houston for the NRA Meeting...  I live in Houston and had to join the party!
I was able to attend the get together at Little Woodrow's and meet a few people. Thanks Don, for making me welcome, but then again that's always been my experience in the gun world. Besides Don, I did get to speak with Michael Bane, Joyce Wilson, and Marty Hayes. By the way, the NRA Meetings and the show were also great.

I've been an active shooter for about 18 years. I started with Cowboy Action Shooting at the first club in Texas, the Texas Historical Shootist Society (Tequila"s home club). I still shoot at the club range, the town of Gunsmoke, Texas, but not as often as I used to. I shot IDPA some years ago, enough to qualify Marksman with my Glock 26. Now, I mostly shoot a Colt Combat Commander or a S&W M&P Shield.  After meeting Joyce, I think I'll have to get back into IDPA. The past few years I have mainly just shot recreationally with a few folks at work.

I"m new to posting on forums, but happy to join the party. So there you go, Don and Michael, my first post!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 892
« Reply #2101 on: May 06, 2013, 11:57:56 PM »
Justwannashoot,

I would like to say welcome, but since you have been rubbing more elbows than the rest of us I will send you to the end of the line.  I would send you to the corner, but that is our private party place (don't tell M'ette we really like it there).

Since you've been lurking there isn't much to warn you about, so jump on in!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Red-Ryder

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2102 on: May 31, 2013, 09:28:48 PM »
Hey MB

I have been a pod person for 3 years

Cattledog

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2103 on: June 14, 2013, 08:56:27 PM »
New to this forum, not so new on others.  Looks good to me.

Tom.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1061
« Reply #2104 on: June 15, 2013, 11:29:48 AM »
Welcome aboard, Red-Ryder and Cattledog.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #2105 on: Today at 10:07:33 PM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #2105 on: June 15, 2013, 02:08:31 PM »
Oh great another Tom and Red....   ;D ;D

Well, welcome aboard anyway.   :D

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #2106 on: June 24, 2013, 06:25:56 AM »
Oh great another Tom and Red....   ;D ;D

Well, welcome aboard anyway.   :D

could be worse.  could be another Phil :P

welcome to all the new peoples as well  :)
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #2107 on: June 24, 2013, 10:57:41 AM »
One never knows...I believe we'll get Colorado back in 2014...and welcome aboard!

mb
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

kagemusha

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2108 on: October 14, 2013, 10:57:38 AM »
Hi all,

Joey from Tampa, FL here. Looking forward to some good info from the site.

Thanks MB!

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2109 on: October 14, 2013, 12:58:42 PM »
Kagemusha,

Welcome aboard, Joey. Chime in and initiate. Unlike me, you will find most here are friendly, but not silent!
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk