Author Topic: Greenie inanity  (Read 8823 times)

Timothy

Re: Greenie inanity
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2018, 11:41:40 AM »
At least McD’s don’t give me a headache!  Only the shites!

LOL

I’ll never own a diesel because of the stank...

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2018, 12:25:58 PM »
Which you can brew yourself for far less than pump fuel with no further taxes to the scum sucking gubmint...
not true,  you have too pay your taxes it you use it on the road
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2018, 02:31:33 PM »

A better reference would be:  Not entirely true.  You still pay the excise, road, and sales tax, but you miss out on a portion of the taxation associated with the oil company drilling and pumping.  The higher the blend of bio, the lower the hidden taxes.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Timothy

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2018, 03:15:31 PM »

Phuque ‘em and their taxes!

Remember we’re all felons according to TAB!  What’s a few bucks in home fuel taxes gonna add to my punishment!

LOL

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2018, 03:56:12 PM »
Using a readily available surplus or waste product in place of a product that is in high demand and has limited availability.

BINGO! We have a winner. Why pump new oil out of the ground when you can get it at KFC or McDonalds? They might let you have it for free so they don't have to pay someone else to haul it away.

Timothy's right about the price too. A 12 year old article I saw online said you can make it for 80 cents per gallon, but you may spend $2,900 on equipment. At officialbiodiesel.com, which should be up to date, it says you can figure on it costing around $1.25 per gallon in chemicals, water & electricity to make your fuel. So if you get the oil for free, after a few hours of work spread out over a couple of days, you can have 40 gallons of $1.25 a gallon diesel, using the same equipment they did.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 02:46:02 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2018, 04:04:42 PM »
When I had my Volkswagen Rabbit Diesel back in 1979, the thing I loved about it was the smell of the diesel exhaust. I wouldn't want the thing to smell like the inside of a McDonald's.

Try jogging behind a bus and you won't like the smell of diesel exhaust anymore. ;D I'm glad our city switched a lot of buses over to propane. The exhaust seems non-existent in comparison to the diesels pulling away from a stop sign. They run cleaner than biodiesel and can go longer between oil changes too.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2018, 07:33:15 PM »
BINGO! We have a winner. Why pump new oil out of the ground when you can get it at KFC or McDonalds? They might let you have it for free so they don't have to pay someone else to haul it away.

Timothy's right about the price too. A 12 year old article I saw online said you can make it for 80 cents per gallon, but you may spend $2,900 on equipment. At officialbiodiesel.com, which should be up to date, it says you can figure on it costing around $1.25 per gallon in chemicals, water & electricity to make your fuel. So if you get the oil for free, after a few hours of work spread out over a couple of days, you can have 40 gallons of $1.25 a gallon diesel, using the same equipment they did.

Exactly.

Prices on equipment has probably went up since the last time I talked to the guy, but a dentist in a neighboring town built himself a personal facility back about nine years ago. The initial overhead wasn't too bad, the processor he bought was around $5000 (higher end unit then) and about that much for a 20x20 building. He had local area restaurants giving him the old oil free in exchange for him picking it up. Based on the prices of chemicals then he was making fuel for around 90 cents per gallon way back in 2009.

Even at today's prices, with pump diesel in our area hovering just under $4.00 per gallon, $1.25 ain't too bad.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 576
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2018, 08:30:25 PM »
And I just ditched my diesel F250 for a gas F150.....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2018, 03:30:41 AM »
These newer clean diesels can't be compared to diesels of old. They not only don't smoke, but if you look inside their tailpipes, they are as clean as any new gas vehicle... Zero soot. The downside is the DEF system. But from what I'm reading they are quite dependable and foolproof. And they'll only get better as time goes on. And they use very little DEF Fluid. A 5 or 7 gallon tankful lasts several thousand miles. And you can buy it most everywhere.

If I had one I certainly wouldn't be burning recycled French Fry grease in it. It just doesn't make any sense trying to save a few bucks on fuel in a $85K truck. And many times Bio Diesel costs as much or more than standard diesel fuel. And they all get such great mileage, and are so clean running in the first place, there is no point.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2018, 06:52:23 AM »
You have heard wrong.  They get crappy mileage and are not that reliable.  They are getting better, but it's slow just like in the 70 and 80s with gas emissions controls.

My 97 gets almost 8 mpg better then my 2016.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk