Author Topic: Perimeter Alarms  (Read 6311 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1111
Re: Perimeter Alarms
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2018, 02:15:47 PM »
Those 2 perimeter trip alarms are the same ones I posted a link to. And now, thanks to the video, we know a 12 gauge blast to the face from a foot away would be a bad thing, no matter what kind of shell it is. And that guy in the video seems to think it was Fifth Ops with an "f" in the middle of fifth, but it's not. It's FITH OPS, as in the abbreviation for Fire In The Hole. It even says FIRE IN THE HOLE at the top of the web page.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2018, 07:20:46 AM »
Gentlemen,

Let us learn from the bad guys.

While working as en Emergency Services Instructor, I learned a lot.  Here is how to build a tripwire or jolt activated device:

One mousetrap
Short piece of 2x4
JB Weld
1- 16 penny nail
4 - 1" tacks
1 - shotshell of your choice

TOOLS
Hammer
Hacksaw
Drill
Screwdriver bit
Drill bit (diameter to match shotshell)

INSTRUCTIONS
Tack mousetrap to 2x4;
Mark point where the small bumping on the trap bail contacts the trap surface;
With the bail held back, drill through the trap and 2x4;
Cut the point off the 16 penny nail;
Using a spent shotshell, use JB Weld to bond nail point to the trap bail like a firing pin.

This device can now be used as a trip wire alarm or weapon, or it can be mounted to activate by jolt.

Many meth cookers, and the like would mount these on their doors.  When Law Enforcement came pounding, the banging on the door would set them off.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2018, 08:40:02 PM »
I ended up with a few units set up for 22 blanks. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1111
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2018, 10:58:51 PM »
I ended up with a few units set up for 22 blanks.

That's sure cheaper than using 12 gauge blanks. I wonder how loud the most powerful Ramset blanks would be? You should be able to find from power level 2 up to level 4 (yellow), 100 per box, just about anyplace that sells tools. Regular .22 blanks are harder to find in my experience.

http://www.ramset.com/products/accessories/powder-loads/22-caliber-single
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk