Author Topic: Just had a $1,900 laptop show up on my front door  (Read 4729 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1111
Re: Just had a $1,900 laptop show up on my front door
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 01:45:10 PM »
Did you ask your wife if she ordered it?

I was wondering the same thing. He could be sitting there in ambush mode when she asks it got there yet, but I figured that was one of the first things he did.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 02:02:56 PM »
The funny thing was it was addressed to my full name.  Which I never  have anything too me with that. Either my company or my first initial and last name.  So that was the 1st wtf.  She would never use my card, is not a signer on said card and she has her own accounts. As soon as I saw my full name(middle as well) I knew something was up.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2018, 03:02:00 PM »
The funny thing was it was addressed to my full name.  Which I never  have anything too me with that. Either my company or my first initial and last name.  So that was the 1st wtf.  She would never use my card, is not a signer on said card and she has her own accounts. As soon as I saw my full name(middle as well) I knew something was up.

Thaddeus Anton Beauregard?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2018, 03:36:12 PM »

Nope..

"Pull TAB"

LOL

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2018, 04:31:29 PM »

I had a ham radio friend name Doug Jacques who was a long haul trucker.   I needed to get in touch with him and he wasn't on the air, so I looked him up in the phone book  (back when we had those).  Couldn't find his name.  Next time I saw him I inquired.  Doug Jacques was his truck driving nom-de-plume.  Real name:

Garsney Sheldon Wigslip, III

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:01:07 AM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 06:13:16 PM »

snip

Garsney Sheldon Wigslip, III

That sounds like a character from a segment from one of the old Rocky & Bullwinkle shows...   :) :)
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2018, 06:49:07 PM »
That sounds like a character from a segment from one of the old Rocky & Bullwinkle shows...   :) :)

Snidely Whiplash's uncle perhaps?

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2018, 08:34:41 PM »
Find the villain or just get a new card?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2018, 09:26:59 PM »
New card. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2018, 11:37:55 PM »
Did you get to keep the laptop, or did someone pay to get it shipped back where it came from? For $1,900 I bet someone wanted it back, and wanted it badly. I would. Homey don't have that kind of cheddar lying around the crib.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk