Author Topic: Artillery  (Read 12351 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
Re: Artillery
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2017, 09:38:01 PM »
Really?  Hmmm....I dunno about that:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950s-Porter-Chemcraft-Chemistry-Combination-Lab-Set-No-2614-Vintage-Rare-VTG-/291993274919?hash=item43fc27ca27:g:iQsAAOSwjDZYb-gd

From the photos, my set was about the same size, but it was all chemistry.  I had a separate microscope kit.  And then there was the big Erector set that even without the electric motors and switches would send the bubble wrap crowd into convulsions today.

DAMN!!!  My childhood was a BLAST!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2017, 09:41:03 PM »
OK...one more....MRE heaters.......when torn open and poured into a two liter coke bottle with a 1/4 cup of water will begin to build pressure after the cap is secured......until it makes a big BOOM.

Don't forget to empty one of the tiny bottles of Tabasco into it to make it into a chemical weapon.  ;)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2017, 10:13:22 PM »
Dang good idea Frank...I never thought of that.

Mike, from time to time they have sets with more chemicals....things you cannot buy these days.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2017, 08:06:45 AM »
Really?  Hmmm....I dunno about that:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950s-Porter-Chemcraft-Chemistry-Combination-Lab-Set-No-2614-Vintage-Rare-VTG-/291993274919?hash=item43fc27ca27:g:iQsAAOSwjDZYb-gd

Sorry that's an old used set in which the owner says most of the contents and chemicals are either missing or may not even work.   Try buying the replacement chemicals new OTC.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2017, 06:27:31 AM »
Years back in the 80's when I was living in Illinois, I bought a couple of those black powder .44 caliber cannons from Gander Mountain. They were working, firing guns. They took 3/32 waterproof cannon fuse, (the kind M-80's had). One 4th of July my neighbor and I were just sitting around getting hammered in the back yard. And since I had black powder, fuse, and .44 caliber balls, we decided it would be a good time to light it up. Being as there was a lot of noise in the neighborhood, we figured no one would pay attention to what we were doing.

I used an .38 Special case for a "dipper". The thing was as powerful as my .44 cap & ball revolver. We put an old pillow behind it to catch it from the recoil. We kept setting up pieces of that heavy black plastic lawn edging in a sand pile to test penetration. It went through a 2 X4 and 5 pieces of edging. And we still had to dig the ball out of the sand.

Traditions now makes a larger .50 caliber model that is Nickel plated. It's identical to both of mine but larger. I think I paid like $40.00 each for them at the time on a closeout. Now, like everything else, they're way more.

https://traditionsfirearms.com/product/Mini-old-ironsides

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 01:14:56 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk