Author Topic: Bathroom defense  (Read 21128 times)

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bathroom defense
« on: August 28, 2012, 11:43:09 AM »
A topic that I would find interesting to brainstorm is bathroom defense. I know we all can relate to the scene in "Psycho" when the attack occurs while showering. Items nearby to protect yourself such as open hand techniques, a towel, can of hairspray or shaving cream, dowel rod from a towel holder, etc.

What do you gals and guys think?

BAC

Re: Bathroom defense
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 12:57:56 PM »
So I'm the first to mention MB showering with his 1911?  Cool!   8)

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 01:30:11 PM »
Something like this ?   ;D

JLawson

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 01:40:09 PM »
It seems that the best "first" defense is hardening your environment.  Assuming you trust the folks living with you, it should not be a surprise when someone else penetrates your secured perimeter.  That means an alarm, a dog, or just the kind of doors and hardware that would require noisy and labor-intensive effort to breach.  Given that advanced warning, you would have time to access a weapon stored in the bathroom (not necessarily in the shower  ;)).  If you're unaware of an intruder's presence until he rips back the shower curtain then I think you've got some serious problems.  In a motel or hotel situation you can still employ portable alarm devices such as door stop alarms or motion sensors.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 01:56:55 PM »
I whiz in a beaker and keep it in the shower with me to use to douse the bad guy.

It worked for James Bond in Never Say Never Again

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:40:06 AM »

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 05:06:54 PM »
Or nunchaku soap on a rope!  ;D There have been numerous residential entries/burglaries in my area lately. Thought it would be a great idea to hone in on. In previous seasons of the Best Defense different rooms were discussed, but the bathroom is the setting for your weakest moment.

curulz

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 07:24:37 PM »
nobody would want to come in the bathroom after me....so I guess I have a natural defense

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 07:42:30 PM »
I guess Glocks have their place.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 11:24:06 PM »
Along these lines I have struggled for years for a good routine for getting through the shower and dressed with a holster at the gym in the morning.  Not a secure environment, not easy targets, not a gun unfriendly crowd, not really attentive at that time (at least I hope  ;D ) and there is really only one entry/exit point.  Timing doesn't really allow a return trip to the house, but I could if I really tried, so what I have come up with is just leaving the gun/holster locked up in the car and putting it on in the confines and privacy of my car-being very careful with muzzle orientation.  Any better ideas, suggestions or routines you use?  And no, its not a good excuse to quit going to the gym  :)
He who dares wins.  SAS

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 08:35:01 AM »
Along these lines I have struggled for years for a good routine for getting through the shower and dressed with a holster at the gym in the morning.  Not a secure environment, not easy targets, not a gun unfriendly crowd, not really attentive at that time (at least I hope  ;D ) and there is really only one entry/exit point.  Timing doesn't really allow a return trip to the house, but I could if I really tried, so what I have come up with is just leaving the gun/holster locked up in the car and putting it on in the confines and privacy of my car-being very careful with muzzle orientation.  Any better ideas, suggestions or routines you use?  And no, its not a good excuse to quit going to the gym  :)

Yes it is.
You want to be "in shape" ?
Round is a shape !      ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk