Author Topic: Bathroom defense  (Read 21129 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Bathroom defense
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 10:31:01 AM »
Get an LCP and carry it in your gym shorts.

Just have to clean it up after sweating all over it.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 07:40:31 PM »
I know a guy who keeps a .38 in a plastic bag inside his comode tank.

No, it's not me.  But it ain't that bad an idea.......

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 08:23:28 PM »
I know a guy who keeps a .38 in a plastic bag inside his comode tank.

No, it's not me.  But it ain't that bad an idea.......

Ahhhh.... the old "Godfather" tactic........ hadn't thought of that one.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 10:04:15 PM »
Mount it to the back of the tank, you won't have to mess with the lid.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 05:09:42 AM »
The best defense is a good offense. Eat a lot of beans, cashews, and eggs, and drink diet soda. You'll be safe in the can.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:01:52 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 07:51:19 AM »
The best defense is a good offense. Eat a lot of beans, cashews, and eggs, and drink diet soda. You'll be safe in the can.

But the next person to use it won't be.  ;D

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 12:03:05 AM »
I quit going to the gym and work out at home to save money. Must say that I miss the view of the ladies, but at least I do not get slapped by my wife for gawking after my radar goes off. LOL  ;D 

Must say that the tobasco and ghost peppers I have eaten lately not only have killed the cancer in my body, but also my social status. It is just evil as it leaves the body.  :-X

As for the restroom, I have taken notice of different things that may become projectiles and articles for inner defense. Lysol, hair spray, metal bars that are towel holders. Razors, Listerine, bottles of cologne or perfume becoming missiles after being sprayed to blind or incapacitate momentarily.

Using the top of the toilet to bust out the window to establish an escape route. Toilet paper roll holders to use on pressure points or other vulnerable areas.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 01:51:33 AM »
I found an inexpensive "knife on a rope" to wear around my neck.  Water resistent and all that.  Probably could hang it on the showerhead and another on the clothes hook on the door under my wife's robe.  Soap on a rope looks good also as well as a sturdy shower brush.  Don't forget a lighter to ignite that hairspray or whatever.  Also a hollowed out book with something moisture resistent tucked away inside...even on vacation.  Kinda hard to manuver in a small BR so some hand to hand knowledge also, maybe. 

FWIW

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 04:13:55 AM »
I am ROFL at the responses. ;D But the serious answer? Grab them by the neck and don't let go. When they are armed and you're not at close quarters? Its the time for violence of action. Close with them, hit and just keep on hitting until one of you is done. It ain't elegant or pretty (particularly if its me naked out of the shower :o), but at least I'll be slippery and mean. Just pound the SOB. Don't hesitate, or you forfeit initative.  Just my .02.
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 09:08:23 AM »
Actually I'd have to say that FQ has hit on the most practical reply yet.
"There are no dangerous weapons, only dangerous people"
The flip side of that is if you have the proper mind set sheer unhesitating, unrestricted violence is quite capable of overcoming an armed foe who expects intimidated compliance.
Especially if you are soapy, wet, and close.
The prime requirements are fight as dirty as possibly and be fast, no hesitation.
As soon as you perceive the threat you must be gauging out an eyeball tearing off an ear and kicking him in the crotch.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk