Author Topic: Women's Self Defense  (Read 4690 times)

lolita24

• Forum Member
    • Women's Self Defense Chennai
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Women's Self Defense
« on: January 10, 2014, 10:32:51 PM »
How could I possibly win a fight against someone bigger and stronger than me?

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Women's Self Defense
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 11:24:18 PM »
Interesting question. It's been done many more times than you would believe.
Maybe by being more observant, smarter, better armed and willing to do whatever is needed to survive?
Not many folks know what it's like to tap into that inner animal that resides in all of us. It's a frightening place to visit and current society norms try to suppress it...but it's still there if you are a human.

That animal is capable of anything.
How much training do you have or are planning to take? The fact that you are thinking about it is a good start.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 01:29:04 PM »
It helps if you cheat .
Read a book on Boxing, or wrestling and do all the things it says are not allowed, such as groin kicking, eye gauging, and biting.
Whatever you do, do it all out, no hesitation and no holding back .
If you are one of those who doesn't want to hurt anybody then don't even bother, you have to approach self defense with the mindset that you intend to kill or cripple the SOB attacking you.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 02:01:50 PM »
The surest way is to change the fist fight into a gun fight....
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 04:53:18 PM »
"Walk softly and carry a BIG GUN!!!!!!!"

Richard

PS:  Please get the training need to do the above.
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:40:52 AM »

Michael Janich

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 08:23:16 AM »
"Winning" a fight is not the goal. Avoiding an attack is first. Preventing an attack through awareness and boundary setting is the next goal. Stopping an attack through effective violence and escaping safely is the last resort, but also a necessary goal.

To do the latter effectively, you need to understand and be able to articulate the fact that you were at a disadvantage when it comes to size and strength and were forced to use an equalizer to protect yourself. You also need to tune your response threshold to the threat and be prepared to move sooner.

If your mindset and training are focused on waiting until things get physical, you're missing a lot of options.

Stay safe,

Mike

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk