Author Topic: I love pawn shops  (Read 2305 times)

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I love pawn shops
« on: April 29, 2018, 08:18:01 PM »
Just like the SIG P220 W. German I found from a widower selling her past husbands collection.
Like the Kahr CW45 I found for stupidly cheap pawn shop turn in a few years ago
Today I happen by a pawn shop about 100 miles from home and there in the back case is this almost new Ruger LC9S for nothing more than what the pawn shop was owed from the person who pawned it and never paid off what was owed...

$200 out the door, I get home happy as a clam with my new find, my wife says ooohhhhhh I like the feel of this gun, is able to rack the slide and appears to point well for her too.....
*sigh* I may have lost it even before I get to shoot it....

To be honest, with my old man eyes, I've relied on lasers but have been toying with the idea of trying a red dot on a pistol and have been reading about Galloway Precision and I instantly thought of Joe's Jpoint or Delta point on the LC9S (Second picture) - the wife is even interested in that also.... I think I may be already on the look out for a replacement to a gun I have not shot yet....

Side note the FDE color was a special run from Ruger for a store chain in Alabama, Louisiana and Florida.... how it made it up here to Idaho would be an interesting story but doubt I could ever track down.

With out further a due:

and what I want to try from Joe Galloway

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
Re: I love pawn shops
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 10:42:26 PM »
What a great find. I like that color combination. It looks like the Bangers distributor exclusive. They're based in Alabama with satellite offices in about a dozen other states, all in the eastern half of the country. They have dealers about 30 miles away from here if I ever want to see one in person. If I had one and pawned it you'd know I was desperate. Bangers has TALO exclusives too. I kind of like the Sage Cerakote one. I tried posting links to both guns at Bangers but had fatal errors. Ruger still has pics. The Sports South Savage Silver Cerakote has a certain appeal too, but I'm not going to buy a gun in a caliber I don't have, that I probably wouldn't shoot.

https://ruger.com/products/lc9s/models.html
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 07:26:06 AM »
Congrats on a good find.

I used to haunt pawn shops regularly for electronics and guns.  Got out of the habit because of work, but with retirement coming up I'll be visiting them more often.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 07:30:16 AM »
Thanks Frank, I do like that Grey/Grey color on the Sports South also.
Looking forward to this weekend, got it all cleaned and oiled and ready to go. 

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 11:42:10 AM »
I think this is a #MeToo moment . . . .   ;)

Yeah, I like pawn shops too, although a find like yours is rare. Mostly, they charge damn near retail and let you talk them down a bit. Most of the shops in ND had almost any flavor of Hi-Point you wanted too.

That said, though, I did score nicely on one find. I had sold my ranch carbine, a Marlin 336RC that I had had scoped. Lovely rifle, regretted selling it even as I handed it to the buyer. So I found another one in a pawn shop, rather roughly used, some mope had carved his initials and a homemade "serial number" in the side of the receiver.

BUT, it is an original 336RC, as in 1st model year. I had paid about $150 for it.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:04:54 PM »

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 01:04:31 PM »
Somewhere around here I have another pawn shop post on a Kahr CW45 that I also got for stupid cheap- after shooting it and looking at the front sight raise as I was pulling the trigger, I found it was an original and that the internal rails the slide rides on were manufactured too short 

Possible catastrophic damage if the slide did not re-engage the rails on rearward travel - called Kahr, they INSTANTLY knew the issue, said send it back we're replacing the gun - unrepairable so also please provide your FFL information, once we get your old one back we'll send you a brand new CW45.

Pawn shop to brand new Kahr.... another win.

It's an addiction... I can't stop. ;D

DrFootball

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 04:17:48 PM »
✔️  nice Frank! I’m a Big Rugerguy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrFootball

• Forum Member
  • Liked: