Author Topic: Saturday Morning Rant, was Tuesday Morning.  (Read 5135 times)

Timothy

Re: Saturday Morning Rant, was Tuesday Morning.
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2018, 08:33:07 PM »
4000 watt output!

Cuts 3/4 Steel plate within .010” tolerance.  Cuts thin sheet at lightning speed within .002” accuracy.

Bed is about 78 x 158.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1110
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2018, 11:26:32 PM »
Forget about lasers. I want something I can carry, like a phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range.   8)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2018, 08:53:34 AM »
Forget about lasers. I want something I can carry, like a phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range.   8)
Yea, that machine is about 20’ x 50’ with both beds, the laser cabinet, beam axis gantry and ventilation system!  A bit hard to conceal!

;)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2018, 12:56:12 PM »
Yea, that machine is about 20’ x 50’ with both beds, the laser cabinet, beam axis gantry and ventilation system!  A bit hard to conceal!

;)

That would be way too big for me to handle. But this . . .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWil6inlPIE
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2018, 02:33:46 PM »

That's what I would expect for that level of power.    Wow. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:59:02 PM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
Finishing up the Work Room
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2018, 02:44:31 PM »
Changed the Subject.

About finished with the gun room.   Got the right size tubing from a beer making supply place.  5/16"id isn't at the local big box stores.  Of course, got some beer while I was there. 

Got a new chair in.   Really like this.  Bought one, table height, for my lighting director at work because he busted the old one.  It's called a medical stool.  I got it from Global Industries for $78.   It doesn't have any arms but a nice back support.    The one at work is for table height and mine is counter height.  Actually they're the same, except the counter height comes with the foot ring.   Also I found you can replace the castors with "feet".  They're call Chair Glides.  But its is a misnomer, they're meant to keep a chair in place not move it around.    A place called the Supplies Guys has them.

https://www.globalindustrial.com/p/office/stools/vinyl/caressoft-medical-drafting-stool-with-back-cushion-black

Now to tackle the garage.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2018, 03:24:54 PM »
Looks good Alf.  I'm rounding up ideas, because in a couple months I'll be putting together a new set up.  Took long enough to set this one up, and I quickly knew a few things I want changed.  I'm sure the new one will be the same  :-\
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2018, 03:40:29 PM »
Alf... a little warning about sitting down... I got a case of tendonitis so bad from sitting while reloading, I almost had to quit shooting... get a roller handle at least

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2018, 05:55:29 PM »
The press handle looks like it's too far down from the seat of the chair. I'm guessing the position is good for the first half of the stroke and will give you more power there.

Furniture glides make it much easy to move furniture around. If you don't have casters or glides on your chair you'll feel the difference as soon as you try to drag it across the room. It sucks trying to move a bed by yourself without glides on it. One of mine came off.

On the subject of lasers, the army has a 60-kilowatt laser weapon mounted on an armored truck. That's the most powerful laser I know of that can easily be moved from place to place.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2018, 05:58:58 PM »
Loading bench, vise, laser, chair, tubing, chair, tendonitis, furniture glides, ...

DAMN!!! You guys have ADD bad!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk