Author Topic: Georgia help, please!!!  (Read 2145 times)

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Georgia help, please!!!
« on: December 24, 2012, 04:33:12 PM »
I've got to ride over to Atlanta Airport in a few hours.
What's the law on Concealed Carry at the airport, please???
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Georgia help, please!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 04:35:39 PM »
Basically, DON'T.   

There was a case a couple years ago when a guy brought his pistol to theairport and was arrested.  Airport property is a gun free zone.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 05:03:27 PM »
S.B. 308 changed where you can carry in GA.

Areas outside TSA control have been legal since 2010.

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/?s=airport

Page 13

Airport Carry:    Parking Lot and Terminal OK     16-12-127

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/georgia.pdf

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 05:12:35 PM »
I'm scratching away at it now.. It says "non sterile areas".. So where can't I carry..
Imagine you're picking up your wife at the airport.. Where do you stay away from...

Timothy

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 05:15:02 PM »
Meet her in the baggage area!  You can't go wrong there!  Getting to the gate would be problematic with a handgun!   ;)

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:28:49 PM »

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 05:24:03 PM »
You can't get to a gate anywhere.. In B'ham, everything is pretty normal.. Atlanta Airport has been a battleground for Georgia Carry for years.. I think I'll be okay..
(If I don't turn up in a few days, come visit me at the jail..)
Locking up Santa for Christmas would just be wrong...  :P

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 05:30:05 PM »
Meet her in the baggage area!  You can't go wrong there!  Getting to the gate would be problematic with a handgun!   ;)

Yep.
Basically outside federal areas controlled by TSA.

State lawmakers approved a bill that would allow gun owners to carry licensed firearms in parts of Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.

USA Today and AOLTravel.com reported the airport strongly opposes the bill, which would permit the carrying of firearms in areas not controlled by the federal government, such as terminals, drop off and pick up areas, baggage areas, and parking lots.

http://www.examiner.com/article/2nd-amendment-ammo-new-georgia-state-law-allows-firearms-inside-atlanta-airport

If you are not comfortable, leave it in the car. That is unquestionably legal in GA.  ;)   :D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 05:56:40 PM »
I watched the comments by the mayor at the time.
 http://www.11alive.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=704841054001
He's not happy about it, and that was Dec 2010. I didn't find anything that would counteract that one.. I'm reading signs and chancing it..
I just don't like being unarmed.. It makes me uncomfortable..
That probably says something bad about me, but it's just how I "feel" about it..
Thanks guys!!!
Merry Christmas and God bless!!!
"On the road again.."

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 10:51:25 AM »
I watched the comments by the mayor at the time.
 http://www.11alive.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=704841054001
He's not happy about it, and that was Dec 2010. I didn't find anything that would counteract that one.. I'm reading signs and chancing it..
I just don't like being unarmed.. It makes me uncomfortable..
That probably says something bad about me, but it's just how I "feel" about it..
Thanks guys!!!
Merry Christmas and God bless!!!
"On the road again.."

The mayor and city were never behind it and voiced their opinions highly.... but the city legal department told them that under the new  law it wasn't illegal....so they went along with it, reluctantly.

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 11:42:24 AM »
Foggy trip.. Forgot the time change so I was a few minutes late. Other than that, it went off without a hitch..

Thanks guys..
I'm going to bed now..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk