Author Topic: Power buy on ammo  (Read 2618 times)

CLP

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Power buy on ammo
« on: November 27, 2007, 05:44:58 PM »
Just in case anyone is interested in stocking up on ammo (continually rising prices and shortages) a group of guys on
www.1919A4.com are trying to put together an ammo group buy and will try to get the other boards involved too.

http://www.1919a4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12452

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Power buy on ammo
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 06:26:07 PM »
CLP,

Just read the other thread.

What about distribution and warehousing?  These costs ain't cheap.  I know cause I'm in transportation.  It comes in somewhere in a container.  That container needs to be transloaded and possibly (probably) a break bulk warehouse.  Then it has to be shipped to each buyer.  Costly!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 08:16:10 PM »
I didn't belong to that site you mentioned so I registered and haven't been OK'd yet so I thought I'd put my 2 cents worth in here...Your idea about buying ammo in bulk has one flaw.  No major manufacturer would take on your order (probably) and if they did it will take a year plus for delivery.  Police departments are having trouble getting ammo to qualify and prices are way up even for them.  The war has caused lead (especially), copper and brass prices to shoot up (PI).  Check out the latest issue of American Handgunner magazine to see the editor sitting on 1 Million rounds of BlackHills .223 to be shipped overseas.  USPSA has a deal going with a small mfg. for certain types of ammo and you would probably have to try to find a small mfg. to work with (LOL).  Usually I would say your idea is great and maybe even get in on it but its going to be tuff.  Sorry, just being a realist! 
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

hodman

• Very Active Forum Member
  • I just need faster reloads with my wallet
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 03:37:24 PM »
Sounds Great.... but I have my doubts when Wal-Mart is having issues getting ammo it is going to be hard to get them to sell to someone else

Jon
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 07:00:24 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think the ammo manufacturers would want to support our country by attending to the needs of military and police first, then go for the public profit side.  Having said that, we as individuals all (?) retail whereby some distributor (sometimes not) makes a coin or two then the store we buy it from makes a few more coins.

Sounds like a good idea, the end user bidding against the distributor/reseller.  We can afford to pay more then the guys we buy from becasue they have to get it low to sell high for a profit.  Maybe there is some distributor/end seller out there who would like to act as a warehouse for some of us on this board? 

I kinda like the idea...but like someone said..there would be costs to warehouse/distribute/oversee.  The buy would probably be restricted to a few common rifle and pistol calibers.  Maybe someone out here on the board is smart enough to make this work and make a few coin in the middle?

Could that be Marshal Halloway?   Hmmmm?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:33:51 PM »

gunman1911

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger Emeritus
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 06:37:48 PM »
During the first gulf war the members at my shooting range contacted   Winchester for primers and was told that in order to buy direct from them we would have to put in a 250,000 dollar order. :o Good luck!
Back up guns---Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk