Author Topic: The next election  (Read 9410 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
Re: The next election
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2013, 10:24:37 AM »
I know I am going to get ripped on this, but I will say it anyway:

Why not be willing to look back?  It is better to die for principle than live for nothing!

I personally believe that abortion is nothing more than murder of a child.  Today we not only allow it, but we allow it at an age where many children live outside the womb with no special treatment.  Beyond all of that, we have turned abortion right up to the point of delivery as a form of birth control that is a basic human right and provided by both insurance and government for the irresponsible.

We are told that we can't outlaw abortion, because if we do women will go to the alleyways and die in crude procedures.  Based on that reasoning the federal government should be handing out AR's to anybody who wants them, because if the government doesn't do it I will just go to a gun runner and buy one he stole from someone else.

When it comes to issues like this we need to control the message, and not allow the media or our opponents to control it.  The last two Presidential cycles our candidates (Republican and Libertarian) would take a stance, the media and DFL would sound bite and twist it, and our candidates would not come back and fight.  The clearest example of this was Gov. Romney and his 47% comment.  The way this grabbed conversation was hacked it came out in a negative, and the Gov. did nothing to clarify or correct.  He just cowered and hoped it would go away.

You want an actual case to compare?  I am a member of a church with a very strong peace and non-resistance stance.  We are a pacifist denomination, and teach non-resistance.  Military service used to be named in the Constitution as out of step with Faith.  I am well known as a gun guy, a self defense instructor, and a pro-Second Amendment person.  I do not hide this, and I have spoken openly concerning how we should handle signage banning guns on our property (we do not).  When my name came up to be Church Moderator (this is the position that runs all business within the church, and holds all committees, boards, and individuals accountable to the stance of the Church), I was approved by over 95%.  The reason given to me by people that both agree and disagree with some of my stances is that I know where I stand, why I stand there, and I am consistent.

Conviction and consistency is what we need and lack!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2013, 10:55:31 AM »
I didn't say don't do it.
I said quit making a losing campaign issue of it .
In fact I have said the same thing over and over in as many different ways as I can think of but it just doesn't seem to sink in.
You already have convictions, mostly at cross purposes , you also have consistency.
You consistently lose elections.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2013, 11:02:41 AM »
I believe we lose elections because we don't stand strong.  We flip flop, waffle, and tuck tail in a fight.  Look what happened in the three debates last year:  Gov. Romney came out hard and took control; in two he tempered his approach and let Pres. BHO back in the game; and in the third Pres. BHO took control and even touched the so called third rail of gun control.  In the end we lost, and we lost because we wimped out and let them control the message on their terms.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2013, 06:06:08 AM »
I believe we lose elections because we don't stand strong.  We flip flop, waffle, and tuck tail in a fight.  Look what happened in the three debates last year:  Gov. Romney came out hard and took control; in two he tempered his approach and let Pres. BHO back in the game; and in the third Pres. BHO took control and even touched the so called third rail of gun control.  In the end we lost, and we lost because we wimped out and let them control the message on their terms.

We didn't wimp out!  The RINO's did what they do.  They have a big fan club of wealthy and politically powerful friends who self-exhort one another into believing they are the finest of leaders of the nation.....when actually they are foolish "children" who play by the rules and get spanked because they don't know how to deal with outright liars and cheats and, to coin an MB statement "think they are in a debate" when it never was a debate.  We're are losing a nation because of it.

The first George Bush would have been re-elected had at the first debate he just strode across the podium and demanded that Bill Clinton tell the American people who he spoke to in the Soviet Union and what did he talk about and that there would be no discussion until Clinton came clean....and then walked off the stage.  That's how to play the "game" with liars and cheats....drop a dime and walk away....control the "debate".

If this nation ever comes back it won't be because RINO's led the change and if it does come back they can never be allowed to be in charge of anything again.

This nation will never come back if there is not a strong Christian moral foundation in it's leaders.  We see what the lack thereof has brought and we have the example of Europe to confirm this. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Warrior1256

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2013, 06:26:33 PM »
Things are indeed looking scary. If or when the balloon goes up each of us will have to decide for him / herself what they are going to do. I made my decision awhile back.

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 09:36:53 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2013, 06:28:34 PM »
I made my decision, along with my will, during the Clinton administration.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk