Author Topic: W.D. Wyatt...shooter, mentor, friend  (Read 4928 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
W.D. Wyatt...shooter, mentor, friend
« on: September 03, 2010, 06:13:20 PM »
Every shooter, hunter, sportsman, et al, can most probably look back to their early years and point to a specific person (or persons) who were directly involved with encouraging their burgeoning hobby. I had three, and sadly, one has left a hole in the shooting community.

W. D. Wyatt was the father of one of my closest high school friends. I spent most of every weekend at his home with his wonderful family. He was an avid shooter and reloader and. He got me involved in competition bullseye shooting at a local range and sponsored me as a new member after I graduated high school. He loaned me guns and ammo for competition, even when he was unable to attend himself due to work (not many folks would hand over a Jim Clark custom bullseye pistol to a 19 year old). He taught me the right things to look for in a gun and was always there if I had a question (even a stupid one).

He was a humble soft-spoken family man of faith who always had good words to say. Sadly, yesterday afternoon, he lost his battle with cancer and passed peacefully into the kingdom of Heaven with his loving family around him.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Wyatt, you will be missed by many.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: W.D. Wyatt...shooter, mentor, friend
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 06:52:20 PM »
Sorry for your loss.  Sounds like a heck of a shooter, mentor, friend...almost like a second Dad.

God Bless,

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 07:42:10 PM »
Condolences Chuck and to the Wyatt family, praise be to the mentors, as I was lucky to have quite a few and they taught me to give back, which I try hard to do, giving back to other shooters of course. I have more fun watching people I give pointers to improve in front of my eyes, than winning anymore. Same as when they helped me beat them eventually, the return is the same, when those I help beat me. Sounds like a great Man, and he will be missed. :'(
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 07:45:49 PM »
Sorry to hear this, Peg.  Sounds like we lost a good one.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 07:09:24 PM »
Very sorry Peg. Great men of such character are few and far between. I'm sure you and the others that knew him, will always cherish his wisdom and memory.

God Bless.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:02:57 PM »

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 09:43:18 PM »
People like Mr. Wyatt make you want to "pay it forward" as they say. My condolences to you and his family.
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk