Author Topic: Victor Antonio Hernandez  (Read 7690 times)

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Victor Antonio Hernandez
« on: August 26, 2012, 04:58:34 AM »
Took me a while to write this. Early in the AM August 18, my Father in law passed, it was actually a blessing. 82 yrs old, Veteran of the Korean war, ran a prison in the Phillipines as his service, 5'' 6', 115 lbs, good looking fellow with a beautiful wife. He owned guns and liked guns, we talked about them often, and he liked what I had. He was a chef and his family restaraunt was his life, 80 hr weeks were normal, and the holidays he took off were all for family, so even after 32 yrs, we never shot together, but we tried to find the time. He was part of the 1st NATO units and I have a very cool pic I will try to post as we get it digitalized. A devout Catholic, he could not attend mass at normal times, but our little church here was open 24/7 and he would attend at 5am.  Well read and soft spoken, new a lot if you took the chance to listen, and that is one of my favorite things. When I asked my wife to marry, she said yes, but you have ask Daddy, a tradition I think should not go away, one of the most humble things I have ever done. The funeral was beautiful, the honor guard did a great job, the only thing I did not like was the opening of the flag presentation, ( On behalf of the president of the United States ), But you must respect the office and these fine young men who attended the ceremony.

Goodnight sweet prince, may you be having coffee and cigs with my mom and your mom on that other shore. :'(
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: Victor Antonio Hernandez
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 05:59:50 AM »
Bennie, my sincerest condolences. Victor led an incredible life, and was a honor to his family as a man and a father.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 07:58:46 AM »
So sorry to hear of the loss Benny. 

God Bless and be strong...

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 08:36:16 AM »
Very sorry for your loss M25, I too had to ask my wife's father for 'her hand' and know what you mean by 'humbling'.

I've had much success taking pictures of old photographs with my cheap digital camera - saves a lot of trouble.

The last event I attended which had to include the address to "The President of the United States" ...that line was follwed by more than one in attendance saying, not too quietly, "May He Serve One Term"  :D

MP
Best Wishes, Mike.

JLawson

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 10:22:26 AM »
So sorry to hear about your loss.  Those whose passing we mourn the most, with time, will leave us with the best memories.

God bless.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:22:18 AM »

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 11:29:54 AM »
Sorry for your loss!  Sounds like a great person.  Wish I could have known him.

God Bless,

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 11:54:39 AM »
Benny,

Our sincere condolences for your family's loss. Mr. Hernandez sounded like the type of man we would all have liked to know, and a true representative of his generation.
You and yours have been, and will remain, in our prayers.

God Bless,

Chuck & Amy
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:14 PM »
Sorry for your loss.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 07:06:42 AM »
Bennie, sorry to learn of your loss. 

However, knowing that it was a life well and fully lived makes the loss a little bit easier to accept. 

Sadly, we are losing a lot of our "Forgotten War" heroes.  That you had the chance to really get to know one of these fine men is truly a good thing.

You and yours remain in my prayers, Bennie.

Crusade Rabbit/Dave
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 06:20:03 PM »
My prayers to you and your family Ben. I've had phone problems out the wazoo, but hope to contact you soon.

Take Care and God Bless.

tw
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk