Author Topic: Shooting Sports Loses Another  (Read 6169 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
Shooting Sports Loses Another
« on: July 12, 2014, 10:42:16 PM »
Rick Johnson was a great friend of mine, a friend and supporter of all shooting sports, and a world class gunsmith.  Most of the champions coming out of USPSA, Area 3 shoot guns made, customized, tweeked, and just plain messed with by Rick at Red Line Custom.

Many of you will remember my UPS weekend in Oklahoma.  It was Rick Johnson who built my gun for that trip.  He also worked on several of my other guns.  He was going to put a Claw Sight on my new Glock, and I was in heavy negotiations concerning rebuilding my old STI open gun from .45 acp to 9 major.

Rick's shop was about ten miles from our crematory, so I spent many hours sitting on a stool watching him work his magic and swapping tall tales as the time passed.

Below is the obit, and following that what Rick helped me do one hot June weekend.

http://www.hamiltonfh.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2591139&fh_id=13380

That old fat man is wearing a Red Line Custom T-Shirt and shooting a custom Para

This is what Rick made possible for me:
Lifetime memories, and a trophy that I will never part with!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Timothy

Re: Shooting Sports Loses Another
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 08:13:09 AM »
Sorry for your loss, M58.

Our best to his family and you and yours...  God Bless.

Tim & Sue

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 01:01:16 PM »
Sorry for the loss of your friend.
Prayers for family and friends to have peace and comfort.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 06:05:26 PM »
Sorry for the loss of your friend.
Prayers for family and friends to have peace and comfort.

What Peg & Tim said....I can't add anything more to that.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 07:38:26 PM »
So sorry M.... there are so many of our contemporaries and our mentors that are moving on, it's disconcerting at the least. I hope you cherish all that he gave you.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:36:04 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 07:36:57 AM »
.... there are so many of our contemporaries and our mentors that are moving on, it's disconcerting at the least. I hope you cherish all that he gave you.

Let me "ditto" Jabet's sentiments. 
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk