Author Topic: AR short cycling on reloads  (Read 8398 times)

nosimij

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: AR short cycling on reloads
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 11:19:40 AM »
Thanks for all the advice. 

I am lining up getting with a coworker to test another rifle, but in the mean time I pick up a box of Wolf and ran some reload drills.  On a cold an Rainy Day last week I ran about 12 or so reload drills with wolf 55GR FMJ (read cheap as I could find) I had 1 fail to lock back on last round. 

I think that would eliminate that Mag and mechanical issues with the latch itself.  The latch has always worked in Dry fire/testing.

I was TOO COLD to try some reloads at the same time. I now have 3 different loads 2 bullet weights and a total of 3 powder loads.

Does anyone know where Reloader 10X falls in the Burn rate scale?  That is a good point.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: AR short cycling on reloads
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 11:38:28 AM »
Does anyone know where Reloader 10X falls in the Burn rate scale?  That is a good point.

I don't know the accuracy of this list, but it ranks 163rd out of 266 powders listed with #1 being fastest.

http://www.reloadersnest.com/burnrates.asp

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk