Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 188762 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #750 on: April 12, 2020, 02:09:20 PM »
Another great thing for peacans ( almonds also)   is a bit of honeu, red pepper and hot smoked paprika.   I make a few pounds of them every year at xmas.  Despite them being too hot for most people to handle, they are always the 1st to go when i take them some place.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1116
« Reply #751 on: April 13, 2020, 10:20:32 PM »
Taco salad. I had a digital coupon for 50 cents off Old El Paso shredded cheese, and another coupon to get a free packet of any Old El Paso seasoning with the purchase of the cheese. So I bought that Friday and took some 80% lean ground beef out of the freezer. I already had plenty of lettuce and Doritos and threw it together today.

No recipe, but I used a whole head of lettuce, a pound of meat with spicy taco seasoning, 4-cheese blend, plenty of salsa, and creamy French dressing (the only kind I have open). I don't think the salsa sticks very well without salad dressing. I no longer own a salad bowl so I mixed it all together in my biggest mixing bowl. When I put it my serving bowl I layered it with broken nacho cheese Dortitos. They would have disintegrated if they sat in the salad overnight so I didn't put them in. I don't care how beat up the lettuce is from stirring the rest of the stuff  in. It has plenty of crunch and it will tomorrow too. Tomatoes wouldn't have fared well even if I had any.

A head of lettuce weighs about 19 ounces, so by the time I threw away the outermost leaf, a few small spots, and the core, it was nearly the same weight as the ground beef. Roughly 40% lettuce, 40% ground beef, and 20% cheese. :) No vegetarian salad for me, but I'll add fresh lettuce tomorrow. I might get my salad up to 50% vegetation. ;D In a while I'm going to wipe out the frying pan with a "scratchy pad" that has more holes in it than a slice of Swiss cheese. When they quit working I use them like a dish cloth, and at this point I'm not scrubbing anything with it. But it's had all it could take and it's going out to the curb tonight.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #752 on: April 14, 2020, 01:21:29 PM »
WOW...81,662 thread views for a cooking thread...... next to shooting, I know what you guys like to do.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #753 on: April 14, 2020, 01:33:58 PM »
Some like to reload and shoot.  Some like to cook and eat....

Others just like to shoot.........
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #754 on: April 17, 2020, 01:12:18 AM »
Some like to eat and... sit. And think about things.

I had a different kind of cheese dog with a side of Cuban sandwich flavor kettle chips. I put a slice of colby-jack cheese on a slice of bread, and since the bun length hotdogs are so skinny I put 2 of them on it. I put it in the microwave, hit the 1 minute button and called it lunch.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #755 on: Today at 02:40:56 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #755 on: April 22, 2020, 04:50:15 PM »
I have more bread to eat up but instead of a cheese dog I had 3 links of breakfast sausage and 2 slices of smokehouse cheddar warmed up on a slice of bread. I think I'll have a honey flavored peanut butter sandwich too. It sucks not having any jelly to put on it. I could toss in some sugar-free gummi bears for flavor but it doesn't sound that good. I was curious about what a peanut butter and jelly bean sandwich would taste like but I think I'm out them.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #756 on: April 22, 2020, 07:07:40 PM »
I finally got around to using the combo grill my wife got me for Christmas.

We caught a sale last week at one of our local meat purveyors and got a couple of pork shoulders for .99 a pound so I got a good fire going with some pecan wood and smoked them for a few hours and set the bark and then put them in slow cookers overnight to finish.

We had pulled pork sammiches for lunch and I'll freeze some for later, eat some more, and cut some out and make Brunswick stew later this week.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 889
« Reply #757 on: April 23, 2020, 10:37:10 AM »
Moose Tenders with mushrooms and a wine sauce, and fried potatoes ...

Wifey says I did good!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #758 on: April 23, 2020, 06:53:23 PM »
Baked beans and a plate full of popcorn shrimp. I was going to bake some cheddar and jalapeno biscuit bites too, but when I opened the package of dough it had mold all over it.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #759 on: April 24, 2020, 07:46:09 PM »
I sampled a few slices of Cook-in-Bag Steakhouse Style Pork Tenderloin and Cajun Style Applewood Smoked Bacon Crusted Pork Tenderloin. I got 5 of them in 4 different flavors when they were on sale and froze them all until 2 days ago when I took these 2 out to thaw. And I baked a double batch of Betty Crocker Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes. I only ate what was on the spoon when I scraped out my Visions saucepan to wash it. I put them in my casserole dish that was too small to stir everything together and cook it in. So I'll be eating meat and taters for a few days. The potatoes were VERY salty. My little casserole has 200% of a days recommended sodium in it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk