Author Topic: My mother.  (Read 7513 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
My mother.
« on: August 22, 2020, 09:15:30 PM »
As some of you know my mom has been in the hospital since the end of last month.  She had a septic infection in her foot and had blood sugar  in the high 400s when ems took her being non responsive.   Today was her 6th surgical  procedure.  The kind of last chance to save the leg.  With out going into graphic detail, they have removed the flesh down to the bone about as big as my hand.   Where a boot buckle would be. The infection has spread to both leg bones and tuesday they are taking the leg.  Hopefully bellow  the knee, but its 50/50 if it will be above the knee.  I will be flying in monday as she is not really lucid and i have medical poa.   
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
Re: My mother.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 06:05:23 AM »
Not much of away to follow up her 90th birthday  :'( 

Will be praying for her, and for you as you care for her.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 08:29:09 AM »
Best wishes.
If she's 90 she has seen hard times before and got through them.
Never underestimate experience and determination.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 10:08:03 AM »
My grandmother is fine, its her duaghter, my mom that is haaving issues

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 10:22:44 AM »
 ;D Grand Parents and children are why we get gray hair.
Both are tougher than we credit and will scare the crap out us proving it.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:33:06 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 01:14:58 PM »
My grandmother is fine, its her duaghter, my mom that is haaving issues

Sorry!  One of my gray hairs grew the wrong way and messed me up.  All the same, praying for her healing.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1447
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2020, 07:44:50 AM »
Best wishes and prayers have been sent.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2020, 01:32:40 PM »
Flying sucks, the 1st hop there were more Stewarts  then passengers.  The 2nd leg there was 9 other people.   Jet a is a crazy 1.10/ gallon right now do to thw excess of supply. ( in jan it was 4 something)  A 737 burns between  800-1200 gallons per hour.    The cost of running a 737 is about 3k+ fuel per hour.  Mainatance  and overhauls are an addional ammount which are hard to calculate  as it depends on so many factors its not even funny.

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2020, 08:19:12 AM »
I don't think even Rickenbacker could have showed a profit under these conditions. I've been seeing stories about American having big problems .

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2020, 11:15:46 AM »
I don't think even Rickenbacker could have showed a profit under these conditions. I've been seeing stories about American having big problems .
  we bought day before tickets.  Even if everyone  on board paid that price. It might have covered the crew for the flight.   Given tha airlines buy futures on fuel, its hard to say even what they paid for fuel.   If i were a betting man the 2nd leg they lost 15-20k. 

Mom was lucid enough to sign her consent today, but they still had me cosign.  Infections can really mess with your head.

Its always a hoot to watch the misses spring what she does on other surgeons.    They get all medical real quick.   Is it good or bad that i can follow along about 95% now?

The amputation  is schelgded  for 2 this afternoon.  We are just hopeful all they have take is bellow the knee. 

Her mobility  and quality of life depends on it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk