Author Topic: Tactical Rifle & Carbine  (Read 13168 times)

Badgersmilk

Tactical Rifle & Carbine
« on: April 03, 2009, 12:13:35 PM »
Anyone putting together or completed a "Deployment kit" / "Preparedness bag"?  What's in it?!?!

It's still in the works, but so far:

M77 Target, .308, 13oz. two stage, blueprinted & epoxy bedded action, full free float 24" barrel, Bushnell 3200 10X on adjustable, steel rings / mounts.

DPMS LR308, Eotech 552, 4lb two stage, G27 grip, four mag's.  I actually prefer my AK, but for the kit I think sharing ammo is a priority.

VooDoo Bag, Glock 30 (four mag's, leg & in belt holsters), Bushnell 1500 range finder, Nikon ATB 10X42 bino's, a can of OD spray paint and Ghillie wrap for the M77 in the outside pocket of the bag.

Makes for a fun day at the range!  I've been considering the applications of a shotgun in this kit as well...  Hmmm??

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tactical Rifle & Carbine
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 04:12:57 PM »
Nice kit. I still need to find a nice bolt action rifle. How do you like that DPMS .308? That is what is on my wishlist or one in .338 Lapua.

TexGun

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 04:50:01 PM »
Nice kit. I still need to find a nice bolt action rifle. How do you like that DPMS .308? That is what is on my wishlist or one in .338 Lapua.

I've only run about 50 rounds through my DPMS .308, but I LIKE IT!!!! 8)

Hey Badge... Is that a Bushnell or EOTech on the DPMS?

Texas_Bryan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 04:52:13 PM »

How is the .338, heard its expensive as hell.  Look at Remingtons for a bolt action, they got some nice little bolt action kits you can buy, box mags, Bushnell scopes, basic but perfect for what Badgers got going on.  Dick's has got one 700 with x12 scope for $500 in .223 and .308, not sure about the scope on that one though.  Great deal on the ammo standardization Badger, that bag holds both rifles and gear?

Badgersmilk

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 05:57:43 PM »
The VooDoo drag bags hold everything listed an more.  Good quality for the price, I like'em!

It's an Eotech 552 on the DPMS.  Eotech made nearly the same sight for a while and Bushnell marketed it as their "Holosight".  The "Holosight" didnt have the steel protective guard around the outside of it.

Thanks for the compliment on the DPMS.  I like it a lot.  I did a LOT of comparison shopping before buying.  A LOT .  Shocking what some manufactures are trying to pass off.  The Armalite I originally wanted was actually the worst I found for quality, BIG disapointment. 

Like all AR's it shoots dirty for my taste because the gases are vented inside the reciever, but DPMS does EXCELLENT machine work, super tight fit on every part, even the upper and lower fit together like a glove, tight glove!.  I can shoot sub minute groups with it from bags (had hand loads & a 4X scope on it for that too ;)). 

Note, I havent had a chance to look at any of the DPMS guns now that Remington is controlling them.  I've heard their quality really fell off since the buy out.  (Remington in turn is controlled by Cerberus, who is in turn controlled by...  The devil?) ???

Though this one has not failed me once yet.  I admit being biased against all AR's because every one I ever used in the military jammed at least once per magazine.  I wouldnt trust most AR's to save the life of a piss ant. >:(  This one's SLOWLY changing that.

I'd give up everything in the picture and more to own this baby!  It takes a lot of mods, but done right, FAL's are NICE!

Thread the end of that barrel & custom fit the stock on this one...  Perfection!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:55:26 AM »

Badgersmilk

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 06:55:34 PM »
.338's have awsome balistics! 

An AR's action probably isnt going to like that beating for long though.  The price of ammo will keep you from wearing it out to fast.  ;D

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 07:37:10 PM »
I think Remington/Cerberus bought out bushmaster and Cobb!! Not DPMS.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 07:58:41 PM »
I wouldnt trust most AR's to save the life of a piss ant.

Anyone want to have a go at this one?
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 08:34:00 PM »
M25,

Yep, DPMS too.  DEEEEP POCKETS!

I want to say the previous CEO of Remington was placed in charge of DPMS recently...  I'll look it up though.

Revised:  Check this out.

http://www.dpmsinc.com/@ssets/images/Press-Releases/DPMS_acquired.pdf

Copied from Remington's site:
"About Freedom Group, Inc.
Freedom Group is the world’s leading innovator, designer, manufacturer, and marketer of firearms, ammunition, and related products for the hunting, shooting sports, law enforcement, and military markets. As one of the largest manufacturers in the world of firearms and ammunition, we have some of the most globally recognized brands including Remington, Marlin, Harrington & Richardson, New England Firearms, L.C. Smith, Parker, Bushmaster, DPMS/Panther Arms, EOTAC, and INTC."

I think this list is even still missing several of their aquesitions.

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 09:00:19 PM »
I agree about Cerberus being the Devil. Cerberus is the name of the three headed dog guarding Hades in Greek Mythology. Evil bastards are killing Chrysler also. It is a shame.  >:(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk