Author Topic: I Will Be Going Off Line For A While  (Read 4792 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: I Will Be Going Off Line For A While
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2019, 01:11:18 PM »
They say it takes 1 month per year of living in a house to finally get settled. For me it's like 3 x that as I spend almost no time at home.   I hope things change after the next move.  It will be the 1sy time since I was 14  do not have a job/ company to run.  Should be interesting.   
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2019, 06:06:35 AM »
Bill it's good to hear the arduous task is near completion. 

Tab, you are going to have quite a transition.  I "practiced" retirement 4 months a couple of years ago.  It took me 6 weeks of actively trying to not be involved to get the old habits where they were not absolutely controlling me.  Many I have known die in 6 months....stressed out with "nothing to do" and they don't have a clue on what there is besides work.  You have hobbies...and the reload thing is a nice side job I figure you will make it.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2019, 07:13:25 AM »
Bill....get those safes moved yet?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2019, 11:17:19 AM »
Bill....get those safes moved yet?

Yes. Both safes were successfully moved and placed on the 30th of July. Yesterday the movers emptied out the house of everything. It's now an echo chamber. All of our possessions are now under our roof here in Lake Havasu. Today the realtor is going have his cleaning crew come through the house and get it ready to be shown. Windows cleaned, carpets shampooed, etc. It should go on the market the first of next week. He also lined me up with a good pool guy he trusts, who will maintain it until we sell and close.

I just didn't have the time to stay and do all of it myself, because I had to beat the movers back here yesterday, so they could unload everything. It worked out for the best because I would have had to hire out the carpet cleaning along with the pool maintenance, and he has crews he trusts. And they work at a better price because he funnels a lot of work their way due to of all of his listings.

If I'm lucky I won't have to return to Glendale again. Which is good, because counting yesterday I have made a total of 7-1/2 trips back and forth at 400 miles a crack round trip. That comes out to a total of 3,000 miles of desert driving over the last 2 months. I managed to make most of it at night because it's so much cooler. Except for yesterday, when the movers got here at 3:30 PM when it just hit 120F.

All that's left is to unpack, and that is mostly Mel's job. I'm going to take it easy for a few days. Then I'll start getting my stuff better organized. But it's all downhill from here..... Hopefully. My landline and Wi-Fi still isn't working right, except for Melanie's computer which is hard lined. Now that we're here permanently, I can set up an appointment to get a tech guy out and fix everything. That will happen soon...... Hopefully. But at least now we don't have to depend on other people. We can accomplish the rest at our own pace. Except of course for selling the house. And that will happen when it does.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2019, 07:09:03 AM »
Well, it's been a little over a week ago that the movers delivered the last of our "stuff". Along with countless boxes. Yesterday we unpacked and organized the last of them. We still have some work left to do. But at least now the place has some semblance of order.

I have my "gun room" in very good order, so today I'm getting a haircut, (I really need one since all of this started 2 -1/2 months ago). Then I'm going to relax in our new abode.

Our realtor came through with flying colors. He sold our old place in less than a week, and for $9K ABOVE asking price. The buyers look very solid. And if anything tanks, he has 2 backup offers in place. If all goes well we'll close on that place on 9/12. Then it will be over. I'm very thankful it sold so quickly, and so well. You never know about these things until they happen. So for now anyway, it's all's well that ends well.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 11:15:29 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2020, 07:54:10 PM »
I'm glad to hear things are going well Bill, but 120 degrees!!! The only time I experienced that kind of heat I was on fire. :o One time I knocked an alcohol lamp over right onto my leg.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk