Author Topic: Museum Ships Weekend  (Read 14929 times)

deepwater

• SNIPE
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Museum Ships Weekend
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 05:01:06 PM »
I'll be at sea for it. The good news is that we have an HF rig onboard.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

YOU CAN TEACH A MONKEY HOW TO RIDE A BICYCLE: BUT YOU CAN'T TEACH HIM HOW TO FIX IT!!

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 576
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 06:26:54 PM »
<snip>. Cheaper than the $800+ new, but I may find a used rig at the Louisville Hafest. That's not til September though . . .
Maybe a generation back for $275-$350.  Try QRZ.com, eHam.net, etc.

Hi;

RASTUS,  I did HF work when in the Military and decided that I did not need to pursue it when I got my ticket. I use to monitor  14.313  and adjorning freq's - that made up my mind.

I am more interested in what is going on within 1-200 miles of the QTH that what Fritz, Sean, Pablo or Mohammed has to say !

Yes but I find it cool talk with buddies hundreds miles away in the morning...not so much with the UHF/VHF. 

I'll be at sea for it. The good news is that we have an HF rig onboard.

That will be some interesting contacts.........
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 576
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 06:42:29 AM »
Hi;

RASTUS,  I did HF work when in the Military and decided that I did not need to pursue it when I got my ticket. I use to monitor  14.313  and adjorning freq's - that made up my mind.

I am more interested in what is going on within 1-200 miles of the QTH that what Fritz, Sean, Pablo or Mohammed has to say !

Did you ever get to use an elephant cage?  Those things really look imposing.

<snip>Almost makes me want to get my HF antenna up in time.
<snip>

Alf, did you get the email with the attachments?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2016, 11:04:32 AM »
And for neophytes like me (who are interested, but not sure) you can listen to some Ham channels online.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1443
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2016, 11:09:46 AM »
And for neophytes like me (who are interested, but not sure) you can listen to some Ham channels online.

Yes and no. Some of the short range repeaters can be found at http://www.radioreference.com/ but I am not aware of the HF frequencies being available on line as they are variable and not set up as "channels". Hope this helps.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:39:04 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2016, 11:18:44 AM »
Yes and no. Some of the short range repeaters can be found at http://www.radioreference.com/ but I am not aware of the HF frequencies being available on line as they are variable and not set up as "channels". Hope this helps.

Yes.... I was speaking in general terms, and not this enterprise specifically, and should have mentioned that.
Thanks.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

deepwater

• SNIPE
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2016, 12:21:43 PM »
Actually, yes you can listen onlne. There are several websites dedicated to shortwave and HF listening. You can even tune specific radios from your pc.
Don't remember the names of the websites, but I'm sure a quick search will find them.

KC6HSP
YOU CAN TEACH A MONKEY HOW TO RIDE A BICYCLE: BUT YOU CAN'T TEACH HIM HOW TO FIX IT!!

deepwater

• SNIPE
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2016, 12:25:10 PM »
http://www.globaltuners.com/

Here's one I've used before

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1443
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2016, 12:57:28 PM »
http://www.globaltuners.com/

Here's one I've used before

Thank you. This is not one I have used before. Looks like fun. ;)
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

deepwater

• SNIPE
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2016, 03:05:02 PM »
http://www.universal-radio.com/index.html

And for those that are looking for discount radios, you can find new and used here at good prices.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk